Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Guzan decided he would let his contract run down and look for a better offer. Obviously they weren't flooding in for him so he reconsidered Villa's offer provided he would be given a fair crack at being first choice. 

The rest is history.

I'm not sure you can or can't credit Lambert for him resigning. It may well just be that no other premier league club was going to sign him as first choice (he would have visa issues of he were to move abroad). 

Sylla for nzogbia didn't make much sense to me once they got an equaliser.

Apart from that i thought it was the right starting team.

Bannan needed to come on, but he wasn't on the bench. He was a big miss today. We needed sustained possession and excellent delivery for the final minutes. Instead they looked as likely to score at the end as we.

Edited by Con

Bannan needed to come on, but he wasn't on the bench. He was a big miss today. We needed sustained possession and excellent delivery for the final minutes. Instead they looked as likely to score at the end as we.

You have a proper stalk-on for the bloke don't you!

• Like 1

Not sure that 'sustained possession' and 'excellent delivery' should be mentioned alongside Bannan.   

LOL what absolute bollocks.

• Like 1

Still unsure on Lambert if I'm honest. Just when I think he has turned the corner he makes some baffling decisions. 

Had no problem with Sylla coming on, but wasn't sure why N'Zogbia was taken off. 

That midfield at the end was back to the bad old days of the start of the season.

Seeing N'zogbia replaced by Sylla was baffling and then seeing Holman come on was just mind blowing. Holman is so far from being a Premiership class footballer.

For me when we took of N'Zogbia and Bowery we lost the plot.

• Like 1

The thing is who the fok do we bring on? 

Because Gabby was out it meant we had to use someone shit. 

We HAD to use someone shit!

I wasn't aware that it was compulsory to use substitutes.

I like Lambert and hope it all sorts itself out but today was our 60th, yes 6-0 goal conceded in the league. Awful. Going forward we have to be a midtable side at worst. Defense is probably worst in the league. Hopefully this will  balance out to about 15th in the league.

Would you have rather left all the starting 11 pitch, while Fulham used all 3 of their substitutes? Which would have allowed them free range and they'd have probably beat us?

Also leaving all the starting 11 on the pitch risks injury? What if Weimann or Nzog had got injured? 

Would you have rather left all the starting 11 pitch, while Fulham used all 3 of their substitutes? Which would have allowed them free range and they'd have probably beat us?

Also leaving all the starting 11 on the pitch risks injury? What if Weimann or Nzog had got injured? 

So you think it is necessary to use, in your words, someone shit because:

1) Fulham had used all 3 of their substitutes; and

2) Weimann or N'Zogbia might have got injured.

Blimey, why aren't you a Premiership manager? You have such football management ability!

On a more serious note, don't talk rubbish.

Edited by pacbuddies

If we had made no substitutes and Fulham had made all 3 of theirs we'd have been played off the park?

Players get tired over 90 minutes. If we'd have not made any substitutes today I think we would have lost.

• Like 1

If we had made no substitutes and Fulham had made all 3 of theirs we'd have been played off the park?

Players get tired over 90 minutes. If we'd have not made any substitutes today I think we would have lost.

As a football manager and coach of circa 13 years experience (not at the level Villa play admittedly) I have to disagree with you.

Bringing on inferior players (shit as you described them) is not a logical move and players do, I admit, become less energetic over 90 minutes but they are trained to a peak level of fitness and their training regime is designed with a 90 minute game of football in mind.

How old are you? Has to be the daftest reason ever given for making a substitution.

How old are you? Has to be the daftest reason ever given for making a substitution.

I don't see what age has got to do with it? Neither do I see whats so daft as to thinking players get tired over 90 minutes so you should use substitutes? 

I don't see what age has got to do with it? Neither do I see whats so daft as to thinking players get tired over 90 minutes so you should use substitutes? 

We are talking about professional athletes here. Prior to the 1960's substitutes didn't even exist. You bring on substitutes when you think they will make a difference, end of.

Edited by meregreen