Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I know there is only 8 points in it as it stands, but can anyone see us winning enough games and the teams above losing most of theirs? 

My money will be on Norwich, Sunderland, and us. 

I know Newcastle are being smashed at Stamford Bridge, but I really can't see them being down there when it comes to the crunch- although in saying that; McLaren has to be the most overrated manager in football history. He really is shit.

However, despite all the negativity - I think we'll beat Liverpool tomorrow. ;) 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont see how you can say there was never much hope, win tomorrow and its 5 points and a better GD, thats the best its been for about 4 months

tumblr_my3ku01KEa1qh402go3_500.gif

Nah , just kidding. Of course there is still a remote chance, but we need everything to go our way.

No more stupid sending offs, no lapses of concentration in defense, our strikers need to hit a vein of form. And then we need the other teams results to go our way.

That's a lot to ask in a season where very little has gone our way

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and if we make it to game 38, we win we stay up, arsenal win they win the league...has that ever happened before?

it could be up there with say liverpool vs arsenal 1989 as one of the biggest games in english football history

I'd take that scenario now. But would need cardiac support if it happens. 

Just now, rubberman said:

so would i but at the same time id predict a similar weekend to the fa cup final

staying in london, spending way too much money, saying i dont want to get drunk because its the game of a lifetime, getting absolutely hammered, losing embarrassingly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I wouldn't fancy our chances of staying up in this scenario.

But hey, Arsenal are pretty good at messing up their title chances when it matters most so you never know.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so would i but at the same time id predict a similar weekend to the fa cup final

staying in london, spending way too much money, saying i dont want to get drunk because its the game of a lifetime, getting absolutely hammered, losing embarrassingly

It's the getting hammered that eases the pain 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i dont see how you can say there was never much hope

We had seven points on January the first 2016 (if I have added them up right). If you watched villa games at all this season I fail to see how anyone could have had any hope given how obviously poor the squad is. Only a splurge of money in January would have given us any hope and that was never going to happen. We were down before garde took over.

Just now, villa89 said:

We had seven points on January the first 2016 (if I have added them up right). If you watched villa games at all this season I fail to see how anyone could have had any hope given how obviously poor the squad is. Only a splurge of money in January would have given us any hope and that was never going to happen. We were down before garde took over.

dont get me wrong i agree, on here back when i said if we dont beat norwich and sunderland then january is pointless, its quite strange and unfortunate that i think we were down before garde and yet at the same time i think 2 points out of the 4 christmas games was the nail in the coffin

but at the same time i think its an incredibly poor league, im now looking at swansea away mid march thinking maybe just maybe

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im now looking at swansea away mid march thinking maybe just maybe

Eight points off safety with 13 games left and no striker who is any where near good enough to play at this level. I hate to burst your delusional bubble but it's over.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and if we make it to game 38, we win we stay up, arsenal win they win the league...has that ever happened before?

it could be up there with say liverpool vs arsenal 1989 as one of the biggest games in english football history

Funnily enough this is the exact conversation I had with an Arsenal friend today. If this happened it would be the biggest game ever. 

• Like 1

Â