Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Whether people are negative or positive about our chances on here, doesn't really have any affect on what actually happens on the pitch. But one thing that is undeniable is that we at least have a chance and that's a bubble that can't be burst by thoughts or words.

Sorry for stating the obvious above, but of course it does matter what other teams do. However, perhaps sometimes people need to chill a little and let things unfold further before blowing their lid.

Sunderland could win today and go on to lose their next 6. We may get thumped 6-0 tomorrow and all of the above is basically irrelevant.

Discussion is cool, obviously, my point is that losing the occasional battle does not mean that we have lost the war. I can't wait for tomorrow now, MASSIVE opportunity.

Surely it matters that other teams are losing as it determines what the 17th place team will need to stay up. Usually it's something like 37-38 points but who knows maybe Newcastle, Swansea and Norwich will barely win a game between now and the end of the season and something like 33 points will somehow be enough. We're in business then as we're in decent form.

No idea what Supernova is smoking if he thinks 42 points is needed this season, too much Champagne. ;)

Edited by VillaChris

of course a Sunderland win makes a difference, because we have to overtake three teams to stay up. The more points they get, the harder it is to overtake.

It doesn't mean it's over, but it means the competition is in a stronger position.

Surely it matters that other teams are losing as it determines what the 17th place team will need to stay up. Usually it's something like 37-38 points but who knows maybe Newcastle, Swansea and Norwich will barely win a game between now and the end of the season and something like 33 points will somehow be enough. We're in business then as we're in decent form.

No idea what Supernova is smoking if he thinks 42 points is needed this season, too much Champagne. [emoji6]

It matters, but only if we put enough points on the board ourselves.

I think it will be 36.

Are we capable of 21 points from 13 games? You'd suspect not. 18 from 12? I'd give us a fighting chance. It defies logic to a degree, but it is what it is. Football.

Probably not.

Liverpool- Draw

Stoke- Win

Everton- draw

Swansea- win

Chelsea- draw

Bournemouth- win

Southampton- draw

Watford- win

Newcastle- win

Would get us to 35 points and I've got us winning all the 6 pointers which I doubt will happen.

You've also got us losing all of the games you think we should lose. Football doesn't work like that.

Don't get me wrong, maybe we don't crack 25 points nevermind 35, but the point remains.

6 wins (say Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle and Everton) and 2 draws from 7 (e.g. Southampton, Totenham, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal); many of which are at home.  Can lose 5 and still get 36, and we might pull off an upset or two along the way.  A win tomorrow would be a great start!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Newcastle by the way look to me almost like a team who believed they managed to avoid relegation in the transfer window. No effort, no desire, still seriously lacking in quality in crucial areas. Shocking.

They remind me of us a couple of months back.

The hope was that our form would pick up towards the end of the season. That's the way we were going to get out of it. Imagine finishing the season the we way we started it. It would be certain relegation, regardless of what had gone before. The benefit of our current position is that we have momentum towards the shore and it's all hands on deck, while Newcastle's sails are directing them out to sea, and they've gotten into the captain's rum. 

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

The hope was that our form would pick up towards the end of the season. That's the way we were going to get out of it. Imagine finishing the season the we way we started it. It would be certain relegation, regardless of what had gone before. The benefit of our current position is that we have momentum towards the shore and it's all hands on deck, while Newcastle's sails are directing them out to sea, and they've gotten into the captain's rum. 

I like it :D

30 million in the jan transfer window??...what were they thinking.

Would be great to leapfrog these

Â