Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

20 points from 13 games would get us to 36.  6 wins (say Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle and Everton) and 2 draws from 7 (e.g. Southampton, Totenham, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal); many of which are at home.  Can lose 5 and still get 36, and we might pull off a upsets along the way.

We're going to need to win a surprise game or two, even if we win all our 6 pointer games left (Newcastle, Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford) that only gets us to 28 points.

Last season as much as it was important to win games against likes of Sunderland and West Brom, us unexpectedly winning at Spurs put me at ease and I was convinced from that moment we'd be o.k.

We also beat Chelsea at home in Lambert's 2nd season which practically secured our safety even if it didn't seem at the time.

We still need 20 more points to survive I'd say, you'd have to say that is very very unlikely unless we play Norwich another 10 times this season. 4 points from Liverpool and Stoke would get me optimistic again though.

42 points, where on earth you get that figure from.

On today's evidence Norwich will struggle to get another 10 points this season and Sunderland are only 4 points ahead of us.

If we can get to 36 points somehow we have a good chance of staying up.

Just did the predictor thing with a little positive spin and we still got relegated on 31 points. Bournemouth safe with 33. We need some shock wins in the next fixtures before the real comeback is on.

A m ole.

Most of our results and goals came against top half teams. Not only Leicester.

People are forgetting we were missing a lot of players lately. If we won against a team with these players missing some wont think we deservedit. It we are the team who are missing players.

• Like 2

Btw, if we somehow win next game we would only be 3 points to where we were last season.

Last season weve needed 5 wins and a draw.

Now we need 7 and a draw to be 38. We might somehow stay up with less. So 5 wins and couple of draws before the Newcastle game could still give us a chance.

I know we dont have Benteke to score. But we are playing good in general.

I have a horrid feeling that we will be relegated in 18th place. Garde will mount a brave fightback but it will not be enough, we will go down on goal difference or by a point or two and we would have been safe if we had bought a striker in January. This board then fire Garde or he walks as they refuse to back him and we plummet into oblivion. 

Sorry, I'd love to believe but I'm not quite there yet.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I have a horrid feeling that we will be relegated in 18th place. Garde will mount a brave fightback but it will not be enough, we will go down on goal difference or by a point or two and we would have been safe if we had bought a striker in January. This board then fire Garde or he walks as they refuse to back him and we plummet into oblivion. 

Sorry, I'd love to believe but I'm not quite there yet.

I can hardly see the board sacking Garde if we mount a fightback like that and only just go down.

Edited by Mantis

Â