Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Can anyone provide any plausible suggestions for all these decent clubs that will be lining up to sign him? I stick with my MLS prediction.

Edited by Isa

Guzan won't be going to a championship team. He's far better than that. And deserves better.

Some people have short memories. He's got worse the more he hasn't played. Which saddens me.

Same.

I think along with the fact that he's a good keeper, he's also a very good influence to have in the dressing room. I think he really loves the club and at the moment he must be wondering what the hell is going on.

I am starting to not believe this rumors. There is no evidence that Sherwood ever said these things. A few papers said that Sherwood does not rate Guzan and it took off, but I can't find proof of Sherwood ever saying anything about the situation. 

Here's something that might be worth noting; goalkeepers are still a relatively cheap commodity. You can sign an experienced goalkeeper, one who may be considered "top class" by some, for between £7-10m. There aren't many other positions on the pitch where you could do that, which is surprising given the scarcity of their particular talent.

Maybe there a bit of economics at play here.

Can anyone provide any plausible suggestions for all these decent clubs that will be lining up to sign him? I stick with my MLS prediction.

There was talk earlier this summer of Chelsea either wanting Rob Green or Ruddy to be number 2 before Begovic came on the radar, Guzan's better than those two. Schwarzer also got a move to Chelsea not so long ago.

I was going to say West Brom might be an option as think Foster is out until xmas.

Adam Bogdan got a move to Liverpool this summer.

Yes and none of them went for Guzan. Only Premier League option is Norwich if Ruddy goes to Chelsea but as I said more chance him ending up at QPR or Burnley in my view

Yes and none of them went for Guzan. Only Premier League option is Norwich if Ruddy goes to Chelsea but as I said more chance him ending up at QPR or Burnley in my view

No chance he drops a division. More chance he stays and fights or goes abroad.

I dont know if its 1st team football on the line he will go and not sure he suited to European football. He has been a sub too long and if we sign a new keeper I cant see him staying around especially as a Copa America next year in USA

Edited by Zatman

There was talk earlier this summer of Chelsea either wanting Rob Green or Ruddy to be number 2 before Begovic came on the radar, Guzan's better than those two. Schwarzer also got a move to Chelsea not so long ago.

I was going to say West Brom might be an option as think Foster is out until xmas.

Adam Bogdan got a move to Liverpool this summer.

I meant clubs that want him as a No. 1. So the best suggestion (domestically) is to be a fill-in at Albion until their first-choice is fit again. Charming ;)

I agree with DDID that it's unlikely he would be interested in a move to the Championship. Finances would put off the European teams that would consider taking him I feel. If he is on say £30k-per-week, that is the average rate in over here but for mid-table Ligue 1 or Serie A teams - I doubt Guzan would command interest from the better teams in the league - that's big, especially factoring in the £4/5m we'll probably want as a fee on top.

That leaves the MLS for me. Guzan is 31 in September, I'm sure he'll be open to the prospect of returning home now. His national team place wouldn't be jeopardised. I expect that to happen and hope it does as we could get a nice sum out of it.

In fairness around the premier league I honestly don't think the standard of keepers has ever been higher right across the 20 clubs. I don't think Guzan is a bad keeper at all but there's plenty of good keepers around even at clubs fighting relegation.

Go back 5-6 years and you had Carson as number one for top 6 club- us. Man. United had real trouble replacing Schmeichel and had people like Roy Carroll in goal for a season and Arsenal perservered with Almunia for way too long who was pretty average. Man. City had Given as number one for 18 months...

The standard is so much better nowadays, I don't know where Guzan will end up in all honesty.

• Like 1

Â