Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Stoke STH i work with reckons Begovic was dropped because he has made it clear he wants to move on and will not sign a new deal hence City played Butland as he will be their keeper next season.

Nothing to do re loss of form, however he also reckons our interest has been made public in the hope that it triggers interest from one of the so called bigger teams as they are yet to enquire about him.

Stoke STH i work with reckons Begovic was dropped because he has made it clear he wants to move on and will not sign a new deal hence City played Butland as he will be their keeper next season.

Nothing to do re loss of form, however he also reckons our interest has been made public in the hope that it triggers interest from one of the so called bigger teams as they are yet to enquire about him.

He wont overhaul Courtois,Arse now have Cech Manure will go for Lloris if De Gea Leaves and City have Hart

Dont see plop going for him and spurs possibly would if Lloris went Manure

Why does someone being a season ticket holder make them knowledgeable about what's going on within their chosen club?

Don't think it's too much of a leap to assume a Stoke STH will know more about what's going on in their club, or at least have a better, more informed opinion about things to do with their club than Villa fans tbh.

• Like 2

It seems strange to then reinstate him into the team if that was the case.

Why does someone being a season ticket holder make them knowledgeable about what's going on within their chosen club?

think more to do with saying " wasnt about loss of form "

a stoke season ticket holder would know more about there GK form than us Villa Fans

the club owe guzan

he was behind friedel, then the club let his contract run down and, then he was behind given

ill be surprised if he even wants to stay, the fact for the past 2 seasons is that our strikers couldnt score and our defenders couldnt defend, guzan has single handedly kept us up

The club owes no players anything. The club pays them all handsomely for what they do. He was behind Friedel because he was not as good. He was perfectly able to move on if someone wanted him - which did not happen.

And to claim that he kept us up singlehandedly is plainly ridiculous.

the club owe guzan

he was behind friedel, then the club let his contract run down and, then he was behind given

ill be surprised if he even wants to stay, the fact for the past 2 seasons is that our strikers couldnt score and our defenders couldnt defend, guzan has single handedly kept us up

The club owe him for what? He gets a nice wage every week so why do they owe him?

As for Guzan single handedly keeping us up I think you must be mistaking him for Benteke.

a stoke season ticket holder would know more about there GK form than us Villa Fans

Indeed how silly of me to think that a Stoke STH knows more about his club than a poster on VT.

• Like 1

Obviously I've only watched a selection of games but Begović does seem to have dipped over the past couple of seasons, this one especially. Reading through the Stoke forum yesterday, that seems to be echoed. Maybe not why he was dropped but there has been a loss of form. Although some of the comments I read attribute it to him having his eye on a move.

In my opinion Grealish is a great player, and is likely to improve, If however there was a chance of getting Di Maria I would not hesitate replacing Grealish.

Same for our very decent keeper. What is wrong in getting a better one? 

Because the difference between Begovic and Guzan is no where near the difference between Grealish and Di Maria. A more accurate comparison would be Ozil to Di Maria. Both excellent players and not much discernible between them. If we were going for Lloris to replace Guzan, I'd be on board, but if we are replacing a solid keeper for another solid keeper when we have very little transfer budget, that is just foolish. 

Indeed how silly of me to think that a Stoke STH knows more about his club than a poster on VT.
your doing it again saying about his club

clearly says wasnt about a dip in form

if he has a season ticket then he would know more about his GK performance than we would

so the season ticket reference would be important in the regards to the " wasnt a dip in form "

no need to be a plum about it either with sarcasm

If Begovic is so excellent why was he dropped at the end of last season?

He's a very good keeper. Arguably better than Guzan.

But the difference isn't huge.

Don't get me wrong, like I said elsewhere, IF we sign Begovic then it's a good signing in isolation. If Sherwood is determined to have a new keeper then Begovic is about as good as we could expect to have.

I just think it's madness to be spending the sort of money it will take to sign him when there are so many other areas of the team that need strengthening and given our modest budget (assuming our budget is modest, of course)

Could it be because he made it clear to Stoke he didn't wan't to be there next season and they decided to then let Butland have a go?

For all we know could be the same with Guzan...

Just guessing, not itk

That's what happened really. I suppose the issue was Butland had been there 2 and a half years so eventually you have to stop loaning him out and give him a chance so with Begovic's contract running down Mark Hughes probably saw it as a good opportunity given Stoke were safely in mid table.

Begovic did have a sloppy period but I think he's a pretty good keeper. Claims crosses no problem, good on one on ones, has a good reach. Most amusing thing though is his kicking isn't great either....

Obviously I've only watched a selection of games but Begović does seem to have dipped over the past couple of seasons, this one especially. Reading through the Stoke forum yesterday, that seems to be echoed. Maybe not why he was dropped but there has been a loss of form. Although some of the comments I read attribute it to him having his eye on a move.

Dosen't that happen to all keepers though, look at Joe Hart, became sloppy, was dropped last season which is what he needed as he came back refreshed and focused and had an excellent season last year. My friend Mingolet was axed at xmas and came back a bit better second half of season.

A full year of Jack Butland and Stoke fans will be missing Begovic I'm sure.

Begović's decline in performance has come over a longer period to chalk it down as the standard dip that every player occasionally suffers. But anyway, I was just disputing more the indication that there had been no loss of form. Even the majority of comments on the Stoke forum accept it's been a bad season.

if he has a season ticket then he would know more about his GK performance than we would

so the season ticket reference would be important in the regards to the " wasnt a dip in form "

Pretty sure he was sarcastically agreeing with what you were saying, seeing as he was the OP. Read what he put again, your saying the same thing

• Like 1

Pretty sure he was sarcastically agreeing with what you were saying, seeing as he was the OP. Read what he put again, your saying the same thing
didnt even clock he was OP my bad lol

Â