Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think some of your heat maps for the last several games will show otherwise.

Here are the heat maps for Delph over the last three Premier League games. Let last one (vs Liverpool) has been flipped to make it the same side as the two away games.

I think it's fair to say this heat map is not of an attacking center midfielder. So far he's been playing left center mid, left center defensive mid.

2ebzaqq.png

I wouldn't be against giving Delph licence to get forward if he doesn't have that already.

Not exactly in keeping with the discussion I guess..... But who on earth creates these heat maps? Do they exist for every player, and every game?

• Like 1

I think some of your heat maps for the last several games will show otherwise.

Here are the heat maps for Delph over the last three Premier League games. Let last one (vs Liverpool) has been flipped to make it the same side as the two away games.

I think it's fair to say this heat map is not of an attacking center midfielder. So far he's been playing left center mid, left center defensive mid.2ebzaqq.png

I wouldn't be against giving Delph licence to get forward if he doesn't have that already.

to be fair though that's where I think our midfielders will always be on a heat map against bigger teams for three reasons 1) we are a counter attacking team who stay deep and then counter attack 2) we aren't a long possession, passing team and 3) we are also playing with 3 strikers so to have another central player so far up the pitch for long periods of the game would leave us exposed against the three teams we have played and included in these heat maps.

Against smaller teams we are likely to be further up the pitch especially if we get that creative midfielder we are all talking about

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

When Benteke leaves for around 50 mil next summer we can use that money to build a more complete squad full of quality players. I'd like to see around 6 10 million pound signing of young players who show promising potential.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for players costing 6-10m, if we do sell Benteke for 40-50m.

As long as we are in keeping with the wage budget (which we should be, as Ireland's contract expires, and we can attempt to offload any of Given, Bent, Hutton, Bannan & N'Zogbia) then I see no reason why Lambert's transfer kitty shouldn't be boosted by a large chunk of the money from Benteke's sale.

I would also much rather we spent 6-10m on a promising youngster with sky-high potential, than a Downing/N'Zogbia/Warnock type player.

Re the Delph heat map, surely it's wise to wait and see how he positions against weaker opposition before we define his role?

How about against Rotherham for example?

Yes, our whole team probably have similar heat maps. We were camped in our own half looking to counter for all three games. 

If we don't sign anybody else this window, I think we'll be fine.

I would be interested to know how our finances are looking now, and if the fact that we've still got high earners in Given, Ireland and Hutton on the books is actually preventing any further signings?

I dreamt last night that we signed Rosalind Lutece. Make of that what you will.

Just before I woke up I had "short clip" (2 seconds) of someone who was very similar looking to Paulinho.  I don't normally dream of footballers BTW. Actually, never. This was not a proper dream either, just a short clip, as I said, just prior to waking up. This player had a white shirt with "M S" written on it as sponsor. The colour of the sponsor was like Spur's sponsor, which made me think of Paulinho (can't be him though). Instead of the HP in white on blue, the M S was written in blue. 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/25/article-2401666-1B5C04B0000005DC-229_634x477.jpg

When Benteke leaves for around 50 mil next summer we can use that money to build a more complete squad full of quality players. I'd like to see around 6 10 million pound signing of young players who show promising potential.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for players costing 6-10m, if we do sell Benteke for 40-50m.

As long as we are in keeping with the wage budget (which we should be, as Ireland's contract expires, and we can attempt to offload any of Given, Bent, Hutton, Bannan & N'Zogbia) then I see no reason why Lambert's transfer kitty shouldn't be boosted by a large chunk of the money from Benteke's sale.

I would also much rather we spent 6-10m on a promising youngster with sky-high potential, than a Downing/N'Zogbia/Warnock type player.

But ask yourself this

Assuming we somehow manage to make mid table this season and avoid another relegation scrap. Why would a clutch of 6-10m valued players want to join a mid table side that have just sold their best player ?

You need to buy from a position of strength not weakness

Im wondering if we could be in for Tom Ince, pretty expensive and not really how we do things though. His dad doesn't want him leaving for a club that he cant develop at and will be sitting on a bench. Actually looks a decent player, Pete Colley said we are after an AM if the figures work out so maybe we would go for him providing we get some of Hutton/Given/Ireland off the wages for the rest of the season, I reckon they are on about 150k between them a week so getting rid of them would give us an extra £8m to spend. Would fit into him wanting hungry young players who are getting a chance to prove themselves too.

If we don't sign anybody else this window, I think we'll be fine.

I would be interested to know how our finances are looking now, and if the fact that we've still got high earners in Given, Ireland and Hutton on the books is actually preventing any further signings?

Even if every one of our 25 man squad earned 50k a week, that would still only br about 65m a year. And with the huge new TV deal our income will be well over 100m