Title Chase 2014/5

Raymond

If we had won against Newcastle we would be 1 point of the leaders now. We need to win home games against Newcastle to be title contenders! ;)

Er, no we wouldn't!  We'd have 12 points, Spurs have got 13.

and 13 minus 12 is....

He doesn't do logic mate, not worth pointing things like that out. 

If we had won against Newcastle we would be 1 point of the leaders now. We need to win home games against Newcastle to be title contenders! ;)

Er, no we wouldn't!  We'd have 12 points, Spurs have got 13.

and 13 minus 12 is....

He doesn't do logic mate, not worth pointing things like that out. 

is Risso the accountant ? LOL !

• Like 2

I think a "push for Europe" thread is completely reasonable. We have been given the hardest start of any club in the league beat two of the most expensive teams and currently sit 9th. Oh and thats with a pretty bad set of injuries to our regular players.

We have shown ourselves to have a good team ethic and talent within the squad.

Why not look up instead of down?

I like your positivity...and what the hell, all the predicted contenders for Europe have been in topsy-turvy form...it's one big clusterf*ck. 

• Like 1

I think we will win it by 10 clear points.

I think a "push for Europe" thread is completely reasonable. We have been given the hardest start of any club in the league beat two of the most expensive teams and currently sit 9th. Oh and thats with a pretty bad set of injuries to our regular players.

We have shown ourselves to have a good team ethic and talent within the squad.

Why not look up instead of down?

Possible if we stay injury free and players stay on good to peak form for longer periods than usual. If we could get one or two in during the next window it would make me feel comfortable. Especially if somebody can score more from midfield too. All of that comes together, why not?

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 1

I think the premier league title will end up in north london this year. Arsenal have continuity with wenger and i think he will spend in january.

spurs have spent really well and they are my tip.

Citeh struggle away frim the etihad and man ure are crumbling. evra,ferdinad,vidic,giggs and carrick are past their sell by date. I believe fergie saw this coming.

Chelsea dont look right and mourinho looks like a man that took a job he really didnt want.

Its going to be an open race this year and already looks exciting.

We wont win it lol

We'll have the title in the bag by Xmas.

We'll be the earliest Premier League title winners of all time.

Love this thread

It's so positive & exciting.

Barca, Bayern & Real Madrid will be brickin' it against us in the Champions league next season.

:) :) :) :)

Edited by villa-revolution

Since losing to use Arsenal have scored 12 goals, conceded 4, and have won all five our their matches. Can't handle the Villa, though.

If you include all their pre-season games (scored 7 in a couple), champions league games and the league cup, we are the only team they have lost to! Pretty good result in context.

Edit: excluding Galatasary

Edited by villaguy

Since losing to use Arsenal have scored 12 goals, conceded 4, and have won all five our their matches. Can't handle the Villa, though.

If you include all their pre-season games (scored 7 in a couple), champions league games and the league cup, we are the only team they have lost to! Pretty good result in context.

Edit: excluding Galatasary

Arsenal were on a fantastic run of form last season as well, since the turn of the new year.

We played the perfect counter attack against them but they are still the form team in 2013.

I still have "a few doubts" about our title-winning potential, but it's nice to be able to look up the table for once.

I note from the League table and the fixture list that if the next two Premier League games are draws (Everton v Newcastle tonight,  then Man City v Everton in the early kick-off next Saturday), we will go into the Hull match just needing a win to go 4th.

It would probably only be for 24 hours, and probably wouldn't be seen again this season, but it would be good while it lasted...

If we win the league, Benteke will stay. Lambert can then have £30m from prize money to buy 3 more Benteke's... then we can line-up like this next season:

------------ Benteke ------------------

Benteke 2 -- Benteke 3 -- Benteke 4

------- Delph ------ Sylla ------------

Luna ----- Vlaar ------ Okore ----- Lowton

----------------- Guzan -------------

If we win the Champions League next year, we could use the prize money to buy 6 more Benteke's... then... we could line-up like.... (you get the picture)