Title Chase 2014/5

Raymond

Liverpool winning the league would be a national tragedy for sane, realistic and reasonable football fans worldwide.

Why would it?? If anything if they won it would be the best thing to happen in english football in many years (there not going to win). A team with more then there fair share of english players which is a rarity these days, a team that hasnt spent a silly amount of millions like city, a team that plays exciting and attacking football using with 2 strikers which is becoming super rare now for a team to have, and a team with PROPER history not some recent brought themselves the title history like man city and chelsea.

Liverpool winning the league would be a national tragedy for sane, realistic and reasonable football fans worldwide.

Why would it?? If anything if they won it would be the best thing to happen in english football in many years (there not going to win). A team with more then there fair share of english players which is a rarity these days, a team that hasnt spent a silly amount of millions like city, a team that plays exciting and attacking football using with 2 strikers which is becoming super rare now for a team to have, and a team with PROPER history not some recent brought themselves the title history like man city and chelsea.
Every club bar Wigan has history. It's just a question of whether your history is winning 20 prem titles or averaging 28k in third tier.

I don't know what proper history is. Why do fans seem to want the same clubs to win all the time?

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 3

We have beat Arsenal, City and Chelsea (should have beat them twice) and drawn against Liverpool. In the title chase next year, if we perform better against the bottom teams!  B)

We have beat Arsenal, City and Chelsea (should have beat them twice) and drawn against Liverpool. In the title chase next year, if we perform better against the bottom teams! B)

It's the middle teams we struggle against, we actually do okay against the bottom teams

Far from being a tragedy, Liverpool winning the league would be great for the likes of ourselves.

The more teams at the top end competing for the top top players the better. It would take Liverpool out of our "zone".

For example, 12 months ago somebody like Sigurdsson would have been on their radar. With them now competing at the very top end they'll be looking at more proven top end talent.

Hope the logic makes sense?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Far from being a tragedy, Liverpool winning the league would be great for the likes of ourselves.

The more teams at the top end competing for the top top players the better. It would take Liverpool out of our "zone".

For example, 12 months ago somebody like Sigurdsson would have been on their radar. With them now competing at the very top end they'll be looking at more proven top end talent.

No other way around, let Chelsea and Man City be the financial giants cause they will be anyway. It would be good for Villa if Plop don't make CL cause they've got a Lerner approach about them.

No other way around, let Chelsea and Man City be the financial giants cause they will be anyway. It would be good for Villa if Plop don't make CL cause they've got a Lerner approach about them.

Well they're making champions league regardless. I suppose it doesn't matter too much whether they win the league or not now, they'll be going for a similar calibre of player either way.

I honestly believe the more variety of winners the better, for the entire league across the board.

Well they're making champions league regardless. I suppose it doesn't matter too much whether they win the league or not now, they'll be going for a similar calibre of player either way.

I honestly believe the more variety of winners the better, for the entire league across the board.

It is an extension of how terrible modern football is. Chelsea and Man City are money powerhouses and will not be moved. Plop are owned by americans that might not make a big push if Plop miss CL. This is good for Villa I think.

What are you two talking about? I thought we were bound to win it now.

Hmm…Im actually so boring that I think Im talking about how Man City is going to dominate english football for a long time.

To be serious, they have the ability to be with all that money, but they don't seem to buy players or appoint managers to any sort of plan. If you don't do that the money won't help as much. But that's just my view on it. I haven't followed them that well.

For me it's gotta be Man City to win the title because any city fan I meet I can have a reasonable conversation about football with. Chelsea fans wind me up something chronic. As does anyone who likes or has respect for Mourinho

• Like 3