Title Chase 2014/5

Raymond

It took 71 years between Villa's 6th and 7th league titles. Might be a simliar length again, providing the premier league does not collapse on itself becoming the qatar world  stanley cup superbowl series or something. To be honest Villa do well to be called a big club really when we have won 1 league title in 100 years and 1 FA Cup in about 90 years!

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Titles are overrated...

: (

You wouldn't say that if, like our most aristocratic fan, you were called 

His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen.

Well, if we have any ambition of winning the league, I think we need to be going to places like the KC stadium and getting all 3 points. That said, we're still in it...

It just doesn't work like that though.

I remember us losing to Brighton away, who only just avoided relegation, the season we won the League.

Yes, I get what you are saying... but the likes of Chelsea, Citeh and Arsenal are not going to be thinking that coming away from the KC with a dullard's point will help them win the league...

Likewise, I doubt very much that at the end of 'match day 1' this season, Arsenal fans who totally wrote themselves off and demanded the manager's head (from what I saw anyway on TV) after losing to 'little old Veelahh' really believed when they woke up that day that they were going to lose... Not in a million years, I bet... Maybe they did lol?  

And Citeh probably expected more from their visit to Villa Park. Let's not kid ourselves though - team spirit more than ability, and a little bit of luck did get us through that Citeh game. It was a great moment, and I loved it... But then I look at the Liverpool game, and the Newcastle game and... well, when we lose at home to both of those, we need to be winning at Hull if you want to stay in the title race - long term... 

The odd 'freak' result will not totally derail a team's campaign... But look at the teams we have lost to, and look at the number of good performances... and when I say performances, I mean, match winning performances. Yes, we've had some veyr tough fixtures and we're better off than I had predicted on fixture release day. Great stuff. I do worry about our performances, especially at home.

But, we're still in it, that's all that matters :-)

Edited by Raver50032

Spurs are away from us now. We blew our chance to go above them.

If , And that's a big if .. We could up our game and do something as we did in the end of last season with winnable games we could have a good chance climbing the table ..

It's a must win against Everton now !

Win that and it will give us a good boost with less pressure in the next couple of games !

C'mon Villa !

• 4 months later...

Mathematically you'd have to say 2nd is the best we can hope for now ;)

No chance, we can still hit 73 points, will that be enough, I don't know...

42 points from 10 games is a big ask though surely?!

• Like 4