Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Well good first half in the end. We played terribly for about 15 minutes after the penalty but have been constantly creating chances.

Tonev needs to stop with the shooting on sight business. If he has time and space he can go for it but theres no need to force shots when Gabby and Weinman are creating plenty. I wouldn't make any half time changes with us already down 1 sub. 

Bacuna certainly looks a better RB, so far.

You sure about that?

He looks better at reading the game/defensively so far. I think Lowton is better personally but he isn't as sharp at defending as he is attacking or crossing.

1-0 up at half time is good, a good few chances but I have to say we're lucky to be going in without conceding. Sylla on for Tonev to give our defence some cover, Weimann out on the right and put Gabby on the left.

Impressed with Bacuna.. He has the pace to get himself out of trouble.

Why do people want to bring another central midfielder when the forward play has been good? We'd be better off just going all out to score more and risk conceding, because when we try to defend we concede anyway, it's a Villa tradition.

Edited by adw95

Bring on Albrighton...

Certainly another option, would prefer to add stability into the midfield with Big Yac but Albrighton would probably do a better job than Tonev is doing. Very, very ball greedy from what I've seen so far of him this season.

Lucky to be ahead. Agbonlahor is having another stormer at Carrow Road, Clark and Bacuna playing well at the back and Delph still looks good in a 2. The rest have been average and Tonev is appalling. Weimann needs a rest too.

Weimann needs a rest! He has been excellent! Think we should be ahead by more than one.