Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Bloody typical. Watched the first 2 games earlier but couldn't watch this one. 😬 Will it be avaliable on iPlayer does anyone know?

Unlucky Wales but credit to France for pulling that out the bag at the end... wow!

England finishing 5th whilst defending champions is disgraceful but deserved with the poor tactics and selections being deployed. 

The RFU need to act on this but doubt they will as the pay off for Eddie Jones will be too much and they probably believe his waffle.

I do think Wales are in a false position though. Heavily relied on a man advantage against both Scotland and Ireland (where they were arguably the worse team until the sendings off - Ireland almost snatched a win with 14) and then the refereeing fiasco against England. 

I admire the spirit within the Wales set up and they always turn up to games but they do get the rub of the green a lot. 

Scotland also looked good in many games and will also be disappointed with their final standing (I cannot see them beating France)

France have been brilliant (bar the England game but they were coming back from a COVID outbreak) and have built a fresh young squad that genuinely look World Beaters on their day. I expect them to beat Scotland by 20 and win the championship next week. 

Italy are just Italy. rock up, try hard but ultimately get humped every week. 

I seriously think it’s time the Six Nations introduces promotion from the second tier of European Rugby to aid development and add incentives to the lower nations. Even a relegation/promotion play off would be better than ring fencing the top tier. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

(I cannot see them beating France).... I expect them to beat Scotland by 20 and win the championship next week. 

They haven't got to beat them, just stop them scoring 4 tries 😀 The points difference is almost irrelevant

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

taly are just Italy. rock up, try hard but ultimately get humped every week. 

I seriously think it’s time the Six Nations introduces promotion from the second tier of European Rugby to aid development and add incentives to the lower nations. Even a relegation/promotion play off would be better than ring fencing the top tier. 

Completely agree with this but as some people have been suggesting, two up and two down, nooooo, madness lies that way

• Like 1

Didn't get a chance to watch the match yesterday so watched it this morning.

Really enjoyed it and what a game! 

Personally thought the referee/TMO were excellent the way they reviewed the abundance of incidents and explained their rationale for their decisions.

Football could and should learn a lot from Rugby.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

• 4 weeks later...

So just before Lions squad comes out next week, we have 2 big injuries to George North (who was guaranteed at least a squad place, could’ve been starting 13), and Joe Launchbury (who as didn’t play 6 nations may have missed out anyway). 
Be interesting to see how the squad goes, 2 of the most inform players in the prem in Care and Marler stand a good chance, although I think Marler personal reasons (new baby in June and struggles being away) may see him not go

Â