Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Fair play, they’ve shown some real flair for losing themselves a game, there.

In total control but seemed to stop playing rugby after the try which made it easy for Scotland. All it needed was more of the same from the first half as there’s no way Scotland could’ve kept on making so many tackles.

11 minutes ago, JB said:

Fair play, they’ve shown some real flair for losing themselves a game, there.

In total control but seemed to stop playing rugby after the try which made it easy for Scotland. All it needed was more of the same from the first half as there’s no way Scotland could’ve kept on making so many tackles.

At 20-17 they should have tried to kick a penalty too, not ponce about trying to win. A draw would have been better than **** all.

• Like 1

We're light years behind where we need to be. Today's tactical performance was pretty awful.

Maintained kick and chase/territory tactics when the wingers chasing the kicks were so much smaller than Scotland's. Too many men committed into the breakdowns, especially first half. Really slow to support each other.

Good performance from the forwards, but the backs were pretty poor, although I blame EJ's tactics. I don't recall any of the three quarters running with ball in hand. Waste of a lot of pace.

Also a bad time to make the changes when we so on top. We had them on the back foot in the scrum. 10 minutes earlier or 10 minutes later please.

itoje's offside was what annoyed me the most today near the end. a stupid pen to give away deep in their half when we had 14 men.

i'm off to rome next weekend...cannot wait. but anything less than a BP win vs this lot is a failure

• Like 2

I didn’t get to see last week apart from a few highlights. I still don’t know what went through LCDs head to do that. Eddie is making more and more strange choices and really his England team mainly only plays well when Manu is there.

We’ll beat Italy of course but could struggle rest of tournament.

Ireland France could be a cracker  

27 minutes ago, JB said:

That was one of the worst attempts at tackling or getting someone into touch I’ve seen in international rugby there from Rees-Zammit. May as well have just asked him nicely. 

To be fair to him he is only 8 inches taller than Graham. 

Hate to say it but fair play to the Welsh defence there. They certainly ground out what was probably a deserved win against Scotland.

In a way, a good result for England as neither team did much for their goal difference either and in a tight championship that could be a big factor.

Looking forward to the next game, surely the winner of France vs Ireland will be crowned champions at the end of it all.  

Really good last defensive set from Wales, there. 

I thought the yellow for Russell was harsh. Seemed to be making a genuine attempt to grab the ball. It was surprising to see that contact with the head with no clear attempt to wrap wasn’t at least a yellow. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JB said:

Really good last defensive set from Wales, there. 

I thought the yellow for Russell was harsh. Seemed to be making a genuine attempt to grab the ball. It was surprising to see that contact with the head with no clear attempt to wrap wasn’t at least a yellow. 

Disagree about the knock on. It was one handed and his hand way too outstretched with no prospect of catching/retaining the ball. Being only a few metres from the try line another aggravating factor.

Agree about the high tackle should’ve been a yellow, still dangerous play despite contact with the arm before driving upward to the face/head. 

Edited by theboyangel

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hate to say it but fair play to the Welsh defence there. They certainly ground out what was probably a deserved win against Scotland.

In a way, a good result for England as neither team did much for their goal difference either and in a tight championship that could be a big factor.

Looking forward to the next game, surely the winner of France vs Ireland will be crowned champions at the end of it all.  

I predict that France will have at least one unpredictably awful game

It's Ireland's to lose

• Like 2

Perhaps I’m giving him too much benefit of the doubt. I thought he was he was trying to draw it in or knock it up for himself to catch on the run but colliding with the Welsh player prevented that. He certainly made a better attempt at disguising it than LCD! Think just a penalty would’ve been fair. 

I might need to see the Basham incident again as I had a three year-old climbing on my head at the time but it looked like football VAR official levels of bizarre. I felt like I was watching different replay to what they were describing. 

• Like 1

Â