Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Not sure about that. Especially this year.

No this year is just odd. In a normal year, Wales wouldn't have won I don't think, they'd have had a much tougher game against England for starters and the lack of atmosphere in away games too

But I don't think Autumn form is that comparable to 6N form in a normal year either

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

No this year is just odd. In a normal year, Wales wouldn't have won I don't think, they'd have had a much tougher game against England for starters and the lack of atmosphere in away games too

But I don't think Autumn form is that comparable to 6N form in a normal year either

Yep, I get that.

Not sure that 6N form necessarily translates beyond the competition, though, does it? How many 6N top sides convert that to World Cup/southern hemisphere tour performances?*

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Yep, I get that.

Not sure that 6N form necessarily translates beyond the competition, though, does it? How many 6N top sides convert that to World Cup/southern hemisphere tour performances?*

Ah yes, I agree with that, I was specifically talking about Autumn to 6N though

• Like 1

Was getting tailgated like **** on the A48 out of Cardiff this morning by some dick in a blacked out Range Rover who expected the traffic to part for him and was generally driving like an absolute whopper. When he pulled back a touch I could see his plate - LRZ1. He passed and it was indeed the boy himself. 

Yeah I know - wealthy 20 year old athlete in an expensive car driving like a clearing in the woods shocker 😂

Edited by JB
  • Haha 2

Talking of players behaving like a clearing in the woods, Mike Brown can consider himself lucky he only got a 6 week ban for his assault on Tommy Taylor. Absolutely disgusting stamp and far too much leniency shown by the RFU. Punishments like this are bringing the game into disrepute.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Talking of players behaving like a clearing in the woods, Mike Brown can consider himself lucky he only got a 6 week ban for his assault on Tommy Taylor. Absolutely disgusting stamp and far too much leniency shown by the RFU. Punishments like this are bringing the game into disrepute.

I’m not sure, it doesn’t look intentional or malicious. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not sure, it doesn’t look intentional or malicious. 

There isn't an era of Rugby I've been alive in where that would have been remotely acceptable and the games has cleaned iself up an awful lot since the 70s

EDIT: And yes, when you consider what Paul RInger got sent off for at Twickenham in 1980 and then was banned subsequently for 8 games, the punishment these days seems too lenient

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Not sure if serious....

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

There isn't an era of Rugby I've been alive in where that would have been remotely acceptable and the games has cleaned iself up an awful lot since the 70s

EDIT: And yes, when you consider what Paul RInger got sent off for at Twickenham in 1980 and then was banned subsequently for 8 games, the punishment these days seems too lenient

I’d only seen one angle on a highlights reel, and it didn’t look that bad. I’m guessing from other angles did look bad.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d only seen one angle on a highlights reel, and it didn’t look that bad. I’m guessing from other angles did look bad.

He looked right at him before stamping on his head. I get it's frustrating when you're being held in by your leg, but it was as deliberate and dangerous an act as you'll see.

• Like 1

Simon Amor (attack) and Jason Ryles (skills) have both been sacked from England. Basically an admission the team haven’t been good enough, without them getting rid of Jones. 
Wonder who will come in in those positions now. 
The summer won’t matter as we are playing USA and Canada, but we need to hit the ground running under them now. 

On another note, Jack Nowell injured again. Such a shame he can’t stay fit as he’s talented when he is.

• 4 weeks later...

With the Loins touring, Jones has named a very young and inexperienced squad for the summer matches. I’d expect Marcus Smith to join up afterwards as well when Quins season is over. I don’t watch loads of prem rugby, but from what I have seen I though Ollie Sleighthome would’ve been called up, he could’ve joined another ex internationals son in the squad along with De Glanville.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Yes! Lions time. Rugby on, beers out, not moving.

Quickly followed by premiership final.

Alun Wyn-Jones off already with a bad looking shoulder/arm injury.

judging by his face, that could be a tour finisher. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Alun Wyn-Jones off already with a bad looking shoulder/arm injury.

judging by his face, that could be a tour finisher. 

He looked very worried. Fingers crossed for him. Lions have already tweeted he's got a shoulder injury.

Good score by Adams.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JB said:

Prem final was a reasonable game. 

Rob Baxter a seriously class act post-match. 

Dramatic game, great showpiece event.

Also, AWJ ruled out of lions tour with dislocated shoulder.

Was up in Edinburgh today, tickets got cancelled because of Covid, but had fun watching.

Lions looked decent first half, but very disjointed as the game went on. Which is to be expected for first game. 

Although I’m not a huge fan of AWJ, he is a big loss to the tour. Very surprised to see Murray now handed the captaincy.
Navidi no real surprise on his call up  

• Like 1

Â