Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Spain actually gave Georgia a run for their money today, a bonus point loss 19 - 25

You can watch the games on the Rugby Europe Website (Free Registration Required)

One of my mates briefly played for Spain's B-team (or something like that - I should probably listen a bit more). Rugby is growing in popularity a lot other there which is nice to see. 

• Like 1

Georgia, Romania, Spain, Russia etc. should all join the Pro14 and play against the club sides. It would give them all games and might create a bit of interest in rugby in those countries. As for Italy they need to find a way to get more people playing the game so they have a bigger playing pool. The current setup is not producing any talent at all. 

England not at the races at all. Lack of game plan, lack of on play adapting (again). Ireland have been good, no denying that, but England have made it so easy for them. 
May and Watson have barely touched the ball, you’d be so frustrated.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

England not at the races at all. Lack of game plan, lack of on play adapting (again). Ireland have been good, no denying that, but England have made it so easy for them. 
May and Watson have barely touched the ball, you’d be so frustrated.

Woeful stuff... I know you want to keep him in charge but the Jones experiment has failed and doesn’t look like improving. 

I just cannot see him turning it around as he’ll continue to pick the same players. 

last week against France was clearly a fluke. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Woeful stuff... I know you want to keep him in charge but the Jones experiment has failed and doesn’t look like improving. 

I just cannot see him turning it around as he’ll continue to pick the same players. 

last week against France was clearly a fluke. 

Who would you replace him with? 

Eddie Jones surely gone after this. England are a disgrace the way they are playing. Baffling how you can beat the best team in 6 nations one week and play the worst you've ever seen the next. 

• Like 3

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Who would you replace him with? 

Not my decision - I wouldn’t want Baxter to leave Exeter but he’s the obvious choice. 

Ideally someone with a plan B that isn’t winding the opposition up pre match and clearly cannot learn from previous mistakes.. 

England currently look like they’re beaten as soon as they set foot on the pitch - Jones is part of that and as the coach is responsible for the attitude and determination on show.

I’m bored of his excuses post match and think he’s taking the piss now. 

The RFU chiefs really need to sort themselves out and whether they want to continue down this route which is not successful or try and benefit from the wealth of players currently available.

• Like 2

It’s just utterly abysmal, brainless, turgid stuff. Rugby sub-Bruceball.

Jamie Heaslip comment spot on: Ireland cruising as if they’re playing a tier 2 or 3 team. 

No doubt Eddie will use playing without a 10 for so long as excuse but we were just as bad before Farrell went off.

A coach can’t preside over this, record points conceded against Wales and first home loss to Scotland in 30-odd years and expect to keep his job.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but then he does something great and surprising then he goes back to dreadful for ten minutes

I think he’s actually a brilliant natural rugby player but has been ruined by the move to full back that Jones has forced on him. 

I really don't get why England play the up and under kicking game, they haven't got the players for that. ireland have

They also dont seem capable of recycling posession quickly, every phase is a real chore and Laboured to get the ball away again.

• Like 2

Obviously I want Wales to win but I think todays game might be a mountain too high to climb but I guess its the French and there's always the chance they'll blow up, there were signs of weakness against ENgland

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Not my decision - I wouldn’t want Baxter to leave Exeter but he’s the obvious choice. 

Ideally someone with a plan B that isn’t winding the opposition up pre match and clearly cannot learn from previous mistakes.. 

England currently look like they’re beaten as soon as they set foot on the pitch - Jones is part of that and as the coach is responsible for the attitude and determination on show.

I’m bored of his excuses post match and think he’s taking the piss now. 

The RFU chiefs really need to sort themselves out and whether they want to continue down this route which is not successful or try and benefit from the wealth of players currently available.

Yeah think it’s too early for Baxter, after the next World Cup and I think he’d take it. 
RFU have stuck a big contract onto Jones, just can’t see them getting rid. 
If there was an obvious strong runner then yes. 
Steve Hanson isn’t working he would be immense to bring in, but I’d imagine he’s enjoying retirement 

• Like 1

I think Wales have enough momentum and should have enough motivation to see it through.

We’ve got better throughout the tournament with good displays against England and Italy so hopefully we continue in that vein tonight and bring home what I feel would be the unlikeliest Grand Slam in my living memory.

Â