Libor Kozák

samjp26

Against Palace Kozak looked better than most of what I've seen from Gestede.

Worked harder, better hold-up play, better movement.

If he had timed his runs better, or the passers did the same, I think he would have scored.

But he isn't French, so that might count against him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Reports suggesting that Garde may still sell Kozak. I'd be pretty disappointed in Garde if he allows this to happen. Better off selling Gestede

I read Garde's comments. It seems like Garde wants to keep him, but he knows that if a good offer comes in for Kozak, then it might be out of Garde's hands. Same thing with the Lescott situation. The club wants to get as many players off the payroll as possible, so if an offer comes in for any player, they could be off even if Garde objects.

I think for work rate alone he deserves another start, that 'touch map' posted previously shows how hard he worked for the team. Maybe not the most technically assured striker we've seen at VP (understatement!) but for me he deserves a start.

• Like 1

Well if we sell Kozak we may as well start playing with 10 men! His work rate was top notch vs palace. Hope he starts again its so much better player with 11 men!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Don't wish to knock him, but he is not the answer up front.

Nobody has ever thought he was the answer.

But despite Gestede's goal, I still think Kozak is our best option at the moment.

It's abundantly clear that we need a new striker though. Has to be the priority now.

Â