Libor Kozák

samjp26

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So someone who has scored a goal a few goals has proved they can score. God that's clutching a bit. Makes you wonder why a manager would choose not pick someone who has proved they can score. That seems like something that would be very useful to a football team. 

Yes, quite.  Which is what people are saying.

Welcome aboard!

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And as the manager said, scoring in U21 football isn't everything.

You really are going out of your way to bash a Villa player aren't you? He asked me a simple question which I answered, but you had to flip it to make Kozak look mediocre? Jesus christ this is pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

You really are going out of your way to bash a Villa player aren't you? He asked me a simple question which I answered, but you had to flip it to make Kozak look mediocre? Jesus christ this is pathetic. 

I haven't flipped anything. That's what the manager of Aston Villa has said. I'm sorry its not what you wanted to hear.

10 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Garde didn't even bother going to watch the game so maybe don't hold his opinion in such high regard when it comes to what happens in the u21 games!    

Doesn't that just show how irrelevant u21 football is in terms of judging players for premier league football?

Why would he pay much attention? He's clearly seen enough in training to form his opinion.

U21 football is to help develop young players and for senior players to gain fitness. Using it as a way to judge whether a player should be picked for premier league football is ridiculous and rightly something Garde isn't doing.

Edited by DCJonah

Garde didn't even bother going to watch the game so maybe don't hold his opinion in such high regard when it comes to what happens in the u21 games!    

Doesn't that just show how irrelevant u21 football is in terms of judging players for premier league football?

Why would he pay much attention? He's clearly seen enough in training to form his opinion.

No, if anything its a bad sign if remi doesn't want to have a proper look at all his options in a competitive game. Remi said yesterday that libor trains very well. The guy has done everything he can to be given a go in the first team, scored in pre season, scoring in the reserves and turning down moves to other clubs but for some reason Gestede is seen as a better player when in truth he is terrible and while I agree he is a good header of the ball and we don't give him enough service, I'd also argue the he is way off the pace to often and stuck on his heels on the edge of the box when he should be in around the 6 yard box when we do get the ball crossed in. Libor > Gestede all day long for me

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And its daft that they're saying it about this player. 

Because...?  You haven't given anything other than "I don't like him", which I suppose is all we should really be expecting.

However, I fail to see how he is that much worse than Rudy Gestede.  As I said before, his goals:games ratio is better than any striker we have at the club... and we're struggling for goals.  If you look at the Veretout thread, GENTLEMEN has posted a video on JV.  Against Southampton, he pulls a perfect ball across for Gestede who completely air kicks it.  How does Kozak not get a chance here?!

Obviously, it doesn't look like he'll get in under Garde, so maybe discussing it is pointless in any case.  I just can't see why a guy who is scoring at every opportunity he gets can be dismissed as shit and completely overlooked in a team that struggles to score.

• Like 1

I've given plenty, you just choose to ignore it.

He didn't perform well IMO and looked like a striker that isn't suited to this league.

He hasn't played a competitive game for 2 years.

Apart from the Czech second division and a handful of Europa league games his goal scoring has been poor. 

And 2 consecutive managers, of one of the worst teams in the league, have had no interest in using him. 

Like I said previously, I don't get how more obvious it can be. 

16 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

No, if anything its a bad sign if remi doesn't want to have a proper look at all his options in a competitive game. Remi said yesterday that libor trains very well. The guy has done everything he can to be given a go in the first team, scored in pre season, scoring in the reserves and turning down moves to other clubs but for some reason Gestede is seen as a better player when in truth he is terrible and while I agree he is a good header of the ball and we don't give him enough service, I'd also argue the he is way off the pace to often and stuck on his heels on the edge of the box when he should be in around the 6 yard box when we do get the ball crossed in. Libor > Gestede all day long for me

Well 2 managers who see him everyday disagree. 

And I see no point basing an opinion on an U21 game, the level is miles off what the premier league is. 

Well 2 managers who see him everyday disagree. 

And I see no point basing an opinion on an U21 game, the level is miles off what the premier league is. 

Eh I'm basing my main thoughts on libor of what I saw of him before he got injured just like yourself, I stated that he has done everything possible to be given a chance. Anyway I'll leave you to it, have fun.

21 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Eh I'm basing my main thoughts on libor of what I saw of him before he got injured just like yourself, I stated that he has done everything possible to be given a chance. Anyway I'll leave you to it, have fun.

I'm on about Garde forming his opinion. 

D C Jonah you do realise it looks as like you are on some weird one man campaign to shoot down everything positive or hopeful relating to Kozak.

what did the guy ever do to you?

We paid a fairly decent amount of money for him, his injuries have been borderline tragic, he clearly wants to do well for the club, he can only score goals in the matches he plays, which in this case is the U21a. 

Why can't you just support him and hope that he gets a chance and scores some goals for our team, a team that currently can't score for toffee, even if it never happens.

Instead of pages and pages of endless 'he's not good enough, doesn't deserve to play for us or in this league' type remarks, it's tedious as hell.

Read your posts and appreciate how obvious it is that you have an irrational hatred of a player that has done very little to deserve it.

• Like 2

Well the Birmingham mail said there was no sign of Remi at the u21 game the other night so he obviously isn't too interested in giving kozak a chance. Sure stick with Gestede Remi, he's bound to score the goals and offer the all round play we need from our striker...facepalm!

Or perhaps he has given up on both of them and seeing as how someone wants to take kizak off our hands he is taking the opportunity to get rid of a stroker so he can bring another one on who he thinks can do a job

For what its worth, i agree that kozak deserves a go.

Gestede has done very little if anything (other than a goal line clearance) in the team. So little has he added that many have commented that we would be better off with 10 on the pitch not 11.

So if gestede has performed so poorly then putting kozak on in his place, even if he were to turn out to be shit, represents a very small risk.

I think any manager not willing to drop a forward who is clearly out of form and low on confidence, with perhaps a more limited player (in that managers apparent opinion) who appears to be in good form in competitive matches, is nost definitely missing a trick.

I can only imagine that for the manager not to consider kozak something has hapened behind closed doors to warrant exclusion. But we will never know for sure

Â