Libor Kozák

samjp26

we have looked much better when Kozak plays

That's just not true.

difference off opinion

I am not saying he is better than Benteke when Benteke is on form or even close to being on form. I am saying that when Benteke was awful - Kozak came on and we looked better.

we have looked much better when Kozak plays and he has scored goals, what more do some of you want? He leads the line well but unfortunately he has come in when the team is at it's worse and had to come deep to pick up the ball as we are/were averaging about one cross into the box per game and Westwood's utterly shite corners.

considering the amount of games he has had he has adapted pretty well

Benteke looked distinctly iffy at the start for us in more minutes than Kozak has had..

I don't get why some of you think we will sign a player from a different league and expect them to be world beaters from day 1.

Even as crap as Tonev has been, he has probably had a total of 4 games worth of on pitch minutes, which to write him off is amazing.

I bet Helenius plays against Sheff Utd and if he doesn't score that will be him written off by most as 'not good enough' the standard label for most players.

Now Kozak, Helenius, Tonev and even Bowery might not be good enough - but jesus christ give them a chance to fail.

Eh?

Bit random. Care to explain which post(s) you're referencing? 

yes i was getting carried away, and no i wasn't singling anyone out just generalising.

On the whole there are a lot of posts across the forum stating Tonev and Bowery is crap and plenty people saying they don't rate Kozak.

I too am guilty of slagging of players and not giving them a chance, I also moan and don't get behind the team enough.

I certainly didn't get the point of signing Kozak in the first place - but I think he has offered something we didn't have in back up.

If he really has a broken leg then it is terrible news for us and the player, we now have no target men in reserve to cover for Benteke if needed. 

Edited by VillanousOne

we have looked much better when Kozak plays and he has scored goals, what more do some of you want? He leads the line well but unfortunately he has come in when the team is at it's worse and had to come deep to pick up the ball as we are/were averaging about one cross into the box per game and Westwood's utterly shite corners.

considering the amount of games he has had he has adapted pretty well

Benteke looked distinctly iffy at the start for us in more minutes than Kozak has had..

I don't get why some of you think we will sign a player from a different league and expect them to be world beaters from day 1.

Even as crap as Tonev has been, he has probably had a total of 4 games worth of on pitch minutes, which to write him off is amazing.

I bet Helenius plays against Sheff Utd and if he doesn't score that will be him written off by most as 'not good enough' the standard label for most players.

Now Kozak, Helenius, Tonev and even Bowery might not be good enough - but jesus christ give them a chance to fail.

Eh?

Bit random. Care to explain which post(s) you're referencing? 

On the whole there are a lot of posts across the forum stating Tonev and Bowery is crap and plenty people saying they don't rate Kozak.

I too am guilty of slagging of players and not giving them a chance.

I certainly didn't get the point of signing Kozak in the first place - but I think he has offered something we didn't have in back up.

If he really has a broken leg then it is terrible news for us and the player, we now have no target men in reserve to cover for Benteke if needed. 

Broken leg wouldn't keep him out for the rest of the season...

I think since HH posted people are saying he broke his leg on Twitter. They could just be guessing.

He broke his leg on Twitter? Did he drop an old CRT monitor on it?

Probably should have worded that a bit better :lol:

I think since HH posted people are saying he broke his leg on Twitter. They could just be guessing.

He broke his leg on Twitter? Did he drop an old CRT monitor on it?

Thats even worse than the Canizares perfume bottle injury.

Depends on a lot of factors though, it can take anything from 6 weeks to 6 months give or take.

Clean and "nice" breaks to the tibia or fibula are straightforward, but a break to the femur or shattered bones and displacement can be a real challenge.

Besides, he is not just going to be walking again - he is going to play in the Premier League. It goes without saying that the normal rates are a bit optimistic for a footballer in that sense, although

they do have the best medical attention around them and that will shorten the time out compared to me or you looking to return to the pitch.

Even 3 months would take him into April & then a month to get match fit. Pointless rushing him back whatever the injury is. Most optimistic that I can hope for is he's fit for pre-season.

Absolutely gutted for the lad-I've really taken to him in many ways.

Its always a worry whether a player ever fully recovers from a break-Downing being a prime example, he clearly has it on his mind every time he's required to challenge for the ball.

Libors a young, fit lad-I've every confidence he'll be back (of course we still don't know for definite what the injury is)

Even 3 months would take him into April & then a month to get match fit. Pointless rushing him back whatever the injury is. Most optimistic that I can hope for is he's fit for pre-season.

Absolutely gutted for the lad-I've really taken to him in many ways.

Its always a worry whether a player ever fully recovers from a break-Downing being a prime example, he clearly has it on his mind every time he's required to challenge for the ball.

Libors a young, fit lad-I've every confidence he'll be back (of course we still don't know for definite what the injury is)

To by fair downing was always a sissy, kozak doesn't strike me as the sort of guy that will be psychologically affected by injury.

Anyway, get well soon pal.

I've really taken to him in many ways.

Is it because he trys hard? I've never took to albrighton or didn't really take to NRC where as other fans really did due to effort they put in. I've never really been able to take to a player because they try hard. Its the least I'd expect from every player.

• Like 1

I've really taken to him in many ways.

Is it because he trys hard? I've never took to albrighton or didn't really take to NRC where as other fans really did due to effort they put in. I've never really been able to take to a player because they try hard. Its the least I'd expect from every player.

Though every football fan would agree that hard work should be a given, unfortunately it isn't. FWIW I don't just like the guy because he works hard (see Harewood) but hard work + passion + a decent scoring record in terms of goal per games will generally keep fans happy.

Â