Libor Kozák

samjp26

That's where I'd differ with you John as for so long we've lacked a decent 3rd striker option to chip in with 10 goals a season especially with Weimann's twin turning up this season. This was an issue in the MON era for instance so I'm happy with Kozak around, I just don't want him starting every single week which I fear will happen next season if Lambert departs and Benteke is sold.

As I've said before he's had a cheaper version of someone like Zigic, Gangly, awkward, will pop up with important goals which will win us points but won't be scoring much more than 10 a season.

But that's o.k shorterm if Benteke gets back in the groove and can threaten the 15-20 goal range again.

4m on a creative midfielder to try and help provide for benteke and make us tick or 4m on another lump to hoof it to? Its clear what lamberts intentions were by how we've played so far this season. This is coming from a guy who likes kozak, he isnt horrendous, hes limited and he pitches in nothing more. The signing baffled many people at the time and rightly so.

This guy is a donkey. Failed to score a league goal in his final season in Italy, and we paid 7 million quid for him when we are desperate for a creative midfielder. Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him. Makes me despair of giving Lambert any mor money to waste. 40 million spent on 15 players, only 3 of which I rate,Benteke,Okore and Lowton. The rest were no better and in most cases worse than we already had. This guy is just another example of our club signing a poor player .

Hey maybe Lanmbert thought Benteke would be able to perform to the kind of standard he did last season and an attacking creative midfielder wouldnt be as big an addition as it has turned out it was. If only paul 'the oracle' lambert could tell the future we would  be sorted right now.  Kozak is a good addition to the squad, he does what it says on the tin

This guy is a donkey. Failed to score a league goal in his final season in Italy, and we paid 7 million quid for him when we are desperate for a creative midfielder. Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him. Makes me despair of giving Lambert any mor money to waste. 40 million spent on 15 players, only 3 of which I rate,Benteke,Okore and Lowton. The rest were no better and in most cases worse than we already had. This guy is just another example of our club signing a poor player .

The stupidity of this post is amazing

Rudeness must be your middle name. Try coming to a game instead of watching Villa on the TV. I have been going to Villa Park for 50 years and this guy is pretty poor. 7 million pissed up the wall when we were desperate for a creative midfielder.Try commenting with specifics rather than primitive insults to other posters.

Edited by meregreen

The stupidity of this post is amazing
Rudeness must be your middle name. Try coming to a game instead of watching Villa on the TV. I have been going to Villa Park for 50 years and this guy is pretty poor. 7 million pissed up the wall when we were desperate for a creative midfielder.Try commenting with specifics rather than primitive insults to other posters.
Yes because if you watch it live then you understand football more? Or would you like to pay for his airfare over for every game? Moronic statement.

Any reason you chose to ignore kozaks record in the Europa league?? Which was nearly 90% of his playing time? Didn't it fit your argument?

He has scored 4 goals already with limited appearance's in a new country and league.

It's also common knowledge we didn't spend 7mill on him, but hey let's believe the press.

Also here's another thought for you, maybe there wasn't a CAM available?? Maybe the CAM factory was closed that day

Edited by villan_007

Bent had numerous chances and blew them, his finishing was utterly suspect for a long time. For such a high earner, he did nothing to justify his place, he was a lingering odour.

On the earlier point somebody made about Kone at Everton, they paid roughly the same as Kozak (£6m) and he's only made 5 appearances for the club and scored no goals. Despite having more Premier League experience.

Kozak has come into a brand new league and style of play and still managed to score goals. It doesn't matter how, but he's offered something different in the short time since he's been here.

Given better service into the box, Kozak will score lots if goals. His hold up play is good, better than Benteke and far better than Gabby, he has good movement and intelligence. With a decent AM in a 4-4-1-1 he would be very effective, shame we don't.

Would like to see him and Helenius in the cup.

I don't get this argument about kone. How does Everton spending money on a poor player justify us doing the same?

Kozak offers very little, is barely a threat and his goal tally looks ok because he was gifted two goals that even Bowery would finish.

He wasn't needed at all and because of that and the cost I think he could well be Lambert's worst signing.

• Like 1

This demonstrates why Lamberts job here is so tough. Martinez spent more on 29 year old aroune Kone at everton and he can't even get on the pitch. However, because he has more money and inherited a better squad, no one cares about the waste of money. Lambert buys a striker that clearly has some qualities, has contributed to the team and may be worth the money, but because lambert has so little to spend compared to what's required each decision has to be spot on, and will be analyzed be everyone.

Probably got something to do with Lukaku.

Edited by Morpheus

He's no 7m player that's for sure. He's an honest working player, but basically a plank. Put it in the six yard box and he'll score a few, other wise he's got nothing to offer

I seem to recall we already had one of those on our books

• Like 1

This demonstrates why Lamberts job here is so tough. Martinez spent more on 29 year old aroune Kone at everton and he can't even get on the pitch. However, because he has more money and inherited a better squad, no one cares about the waste of money. Lambert buys a striker that clearly has some qualities, has contributed to the team and may be worth the money, but because lambert has so little to spend compared to what's required each decision has to be spot on, and will be analyzed be everyone.

Good post.

Â