Libor Kozák

samjp26

For me another display heskey would have been given stick for.

For the first hour I saw him hold the ball up well twice and then he was gifted a goal.

Another player who trys hard but lacks the quality we need.

And yet he is our second top scorer
I think that shows how atrocious our attacking players have been.

Don't get me wrong, he's shown he can get into good positions but I don't think we will do much when he plays like he did today.

I think he's shown that he's a good finisher, he knows where the goal is and gets into very good positions, I'd back him to get a least 10 more goals this season, if he is given enough game time

Yeah looks decent in terms of positioning and finishing. But if that's all we wanted from a player we could have kept bent.

I think we need more and like today him scoring did nothing to get us any points.

BJ I usually agree with a lot what you say - but I think you are underestimating the effect of his non stop battering ram approach has on players. I genuinely he grinds them into submission - true its not pretty - and he is no RVP - but right now as we may be entering a relegation scrap - I think he could prove invaluable.  

Yep. he makes goals by his non stop hard work.

Thought Kozak was decent today. Thought big John was a harsh in the comparison to Heskey. Emile would never have scored the goal today, and at least Kozak stays on his feet.

For how we play at the moment, Kozak is doing as much as can be expected with our turgid hoof ball.

Something that I think a lot of you dont really notice about Kozak is how well he brings others into the game. He does a lot of hold up play off long balls then dishes passes out wide. If you need proof, go watch the first half against Stoke. Kozak was constantly passing the ball out wide to Albrighton then he would run into the box for crosses. I think with a bit more quality around him, he would score loads more goals. People say he doesn't bring much to the team, well that is wrong. He does exactly what a target striker should do and that's maintain possession so our midfielders can have chance to create chances. 

• Like 3

Kozak has definitely grown on me. He looks awful in general play but comes alive in the area. Keep it up Libor!

He was very good in general play when compared to Benteke's recent performances.

Two goals in two starts?

The more goals he scores, the more i like him.

Obviously.  ;)  :P

Kozak has definitely grown on me. He looks awful in general play but comes alive in the area. Keep it up Libor!

He was very good in general play when compared to Benteke's recent performances.
Maybe but i'm not going to knock Benteke. He kept us in the league last season so if anyone's earned a bit of backing/faith during a lean spell it's him.

Maybe but i'm not going to knock Benteke. He kept us in the league last season so if anyone's earned a bit of backing/faith during a lean spell it's him.

All players deserve backing from their supporters.

• Like 1

Yes they do.
  • Like 1

If Benteke is out for our next two games I hope Lambert knows what hes doing this week in training.

Two wingers, Kozak and Gabby up front. CROSS THE BALL.

Id even go as far to say if Bennett is fit play him left wing, he can't play LB but he can cross a ball.

• Like 1

If Benteke is out for our next two games I hope Lambert knows what hes doing this week in training.

Id even go as far to say if Bennett is fit play him left wing, he can't play LB but he can cross a ball.

I would play Luna left wing myself. I think Luna is a very good attacking player.

Yes they do.

I think that transfer request has led to some people quickly jumping on his poor form and singling him out.

• Like 1

I would play Luna left wing myself. I think Luna is a very good attacking player.

Agreed but dont like Baker at LB.

Wouldn't mind 3-5-2 if the two wing backs get forward. Just need width, support and a decent cross. 

Best game for the club today. Scored, could've easily had another and held it up well throughout. Good stuff against a tough defender like Shawcross.

He has I think 4 league goals in 12 games (not all of them starts of course) so yeah 1 in 3 is just about right for a forward with his capabilities.

I think he's a bit too limited to be the lead striker post Benteke but certainly a capable squad striker.

• Like 1

Loved his celebration, you can tell it means a lot to him playing for us and scoring goals in a team where he's playing more regularly than at Lazio...

If we could bring in an attacking mid, a left winger who can deliver a cross properly and a defender in Jan we could play him and Benteke (when fit) at home and cross the ball in lots... Then switch to 4-3-3 away when we have everyone fit, just a shame we won't get the money to get the needed players..

On topic.... Love the guys work ethic!! <3

Liiiiibor!!

Yeah his celebrations are great to be fair, from what I saw he did his job today, I agree that we need to be whipping balls in from the wings to him and Benteke. Gabby and Albrighton would be decent as things stand on the flanks in my opinion.

Â