Libor Kozák

samjp26

He needs a play maker behind him to be effective. As I mentioned, Kozak does not create his own chances. He still has a lot to improve in that part of his game. Benteke is a much more complete striker than Kozak but with that being said, Kozak is still a quality striker. The runs he was making was very smart. He was the reason Tonev was able to waste so many shots. If Benteke is out for a little while, Lambert really needs to tell one of the midfielders to stick to an advanced position or Kozak will be pretty useless.

Czechlad knows what he is talking about.

• Like 1

He reminds me somewhat of Allback. Did well making good runs and looks like he can put the opposition under pressure.

I don't know if it was a pre-arranged tactic for him to peel off wide to allow Tonev to run and shoot, but in any event it didn't work out today.

Having said that, if one of Tonev's drives had hit the top corner we would all be saying it was a tactical masterstroke!... And the old line "he can be dreadful for 89 minutes, but he always has that threat, we need him"!! I personally think that this will happen for Tonev soon enough, and this is what will get him going.

Not the thread for it I know, but, how anyone can have a bad word to say about Gabby is a surprise to me. He was excellent again today.

He's only criticising his first touch.

Not saying Gabby wasn't good, I am a big fan of his, but his pace hides the fact he has a poor touch. Even the set up for Kozak's goal nearly got away from him. That is why Gabby will not get picked for England. Kozak on the other hand is technically head and shoulders above Gabby.

Â