Libor Kozák

samjp26

Pleased to have him here but the fee puzzles me

Supposed limited funds and we spend 7m on a striker who will play second fiddle to tekkers

IMO that sum should have gone towards an AM but obviously Lambert believes another striker is more important and fills a bigger part of the jigsaw at the moment

Mmmm

HairyHands said it's 4-4,5m, not the reported 7-7,5m.

God our fans wind me up at times.

'We need a signing!'

Guy rumoured

'Not what I wanted!'

Guy signs

'too expensive' (based on speculative fees)

Lets 1) see what he's like and 2) see how much he actually costs before having a moan. For once. Please.

How does one score 10 in 11 in Europe, but 0 in 18 in Serie A?

14 sub appearances, 4 starts

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Pleased to have him here but the fee puzzles me

Supposed limited funds and we spend 7m on a striker who will play second fiddle to tekkers

IMO that sum should have gone towards an AM but obviously Lambert believes another striker is more important and fills a bigger part of the jigsaw at the moment

Mmmm

HairyHands said it's 4-4,5m, not the reported 7-7,5m.

Cheers

That's a bit better.maybe we will be back in for a AM in January

Squad depth is fine with ample funding to do it with but we had that with MON with how many players not getting a game. I just think that limited funding should have been spent elsewhere to improve the 1st team particularly in midfield but the player has signed and i hope Lambert will find a way to incorporate both Kozak and Benteke upfront considering the mooted transfer fee.

Lambert rotates far more than MON ever did

He hardly ever rotates. He just changes the team after a bad result (which isn't rotation) but perhaps he'll do it more this season now that we have a stronger squad.

7m according to Radio 5 live. If it is that much, I have to say like others I am shocked that we are spending that much on a player who is clearly back up when we need in most peoples oppinion an attacking AM. Clearly shows to me that either

1. We have more funds to spend in Jan that we dont know about, especially now we are offloading players like Ireland and Bannan

2. Lambert is the only man who thinks we dont need an attacking AM as our formation doesn't need it

Point 1 - he isn't costing anywhere near 9m euros. It will be around £4.5m. The deal is going through as we speak. It won't be a two minutes to deadline job. It is at an advanced stage and just about done.

Point 2 - I wouldn't imagine many of you were at the Newcastle-Fulham game at the weekend but I was an Bent was dreadful. He can't hold the ball up. His attitude was poor and he was on the sort of wages the club can no longer afford at present. So to suggest he could have remained as back-up in nonsense. Worth considering the saving on his wages alone has just about funded the Kozak deal.

Point 3 - I'm not saying the team wouldn't benefit from a creative midfield player. But it is a matter of opinion whether that type of player would be more important than a new striker and if you think one thing then no-one is going to convince you otherwise. I've made what I feel are valid points - problems if Benteke got injured and also the advantage of now having two real physical strikers who you can play at the same time.

Point 4 - I don't know how many of you have watched Tonev play but that guy is as creative as they come. He scores goals from long range with either foot, has pace and can pick a pass. It will just take him another few weeks to get used to the pace of the game in England because it is faster than he was used to. So if that type of player is required in games, such as the Liverpool game, then maybe he will be the man.

Point 5 - In the games we have played this season, maybe with the exception of Liverpool, chances have been created. More than enough actually. So if we have a problem in five or six games over the course of the campaign then that's life. Manchester United didn't break Liverpool down at the weekend as well so many they are just really good at the back now.

Point 6 - If there was money for another two or three players then I'd imagine a defender, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder would have been added but the money isn't there for that right now.

Point 7 - Bowry cost buttons and his wages are as low as you will get in the division. A young player with potential who remains just that. Isn't the manager allowed to sign someone he believes could develop into a good player without some suggesting because he has signed him he shouldn't be signing another in the same position. Look at the top teams - how many options do they have up top? It is the area of the pitch which is the most crucial.

If I think a striker was the priority and someone else believes a midfielder was the priority then it is all about opinions. My main point I'm trying to make is there is a balancing act and we can struggle by in midfield this season and will probably look at again in the summer.

And finally, let me stress, the guy isn't a "back-up" striker. I mentioned he was needed in case Benteke got injured but that doesn't mean he won't play unless that is the case I'm sure the two of them can play up front together.

Sit back, relax and enjoy a better season than last :P :P

Great points HH-Thanks

Yes,I guess just as the front 3 can be juggled,so can the midfield & if Tonev works out for us then great.With regards shooting from distance,2 or 3 of the Summer signings seem capable of this-Do you think this is something the manager might want to encourage?

• Like 1

Â