Libor Kozák

samjp26

Italian press are reporting a fee of UP TO €9m, with an initial fee of €7m (which is about £6m).

Personally I'd say that is probably an inflation of the real fee, but either way I think that is a perfectly normal if not good price for a striker who was the top scorer in the Europa League last season. He only started a handful of times in the league hence his 'poor scoring record' in Serie A.

Lambert is indeed the expert so whoever he wants or whatever he feels he needs we should all be behind, regardless of what we may all think we want/need.

Edited by samjp26

I don't think that Libor will be brought in as an understudy player, I think certain times it would be good to have two Benteke type forwards on the pitch. I feel that teams are going to purposefully try and rough Benteke up to try and take him out the game. Already we've seen Toure and Ivanovic given jobs to do just that. If there's another similar player alongside Benteke they will struggle to do this and this will give Benteke more space to work his magic. Not all good strike partnerships have been little and large/speedy and tough combinations, Yorke/Cole, Shearer/Sutton, Ba/Cisse. I feel that these two could be very effective against certain kinds of teams

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play. However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system. Clearly not ideal.

completely agree. Helenius isnt built for benteke's position and therefore we dont have a plan if benteke is hurt or needs a rest. Good call by lambert

Not at £7m it isn't! We aren't in a position to spend £7m on understudies. Especially when there are other areas of the squad that need more urgent attention.

Urgent attention according to whom?

Number of forwards in first team: 5

Number of playmakers in first team: 0

I assume he'll be in as competition for all of the front 3, along with Helenius. certainly don't think it would be a bad thing to have five proper forwards on our books (all capped internationals for good European countries) considering we're starting with three most games and there will inevitably be injuries/suspensions/times when players need resting.

I don't think that Libor will be brought in as an understudy player, I think certain times it would be good to have two Benteke type forwards on the pitch. I feel that teams are going to purposefully try and rough Benteke up to try and take him out the game. Already we've seen Toure and Ivanovic given jobs to do just that. If there's another similar player alongside Benteke they will struggle to do this and this will give Benteke more space to work his magic. Not all good strike partnerships have been little and large/speedy and tough combinations, Yorke/Cole, Shearer/Sutton, Ba/Cisse. I feel that these two could be very effective against certain kinds of teams

Not sure I'd consider Ba and Cisse to have been a great partnership. Pardew just moved Ba to the wing and eventually sold him. Can't really remember them having anything like those other partnerships.

If Libor's half as much of a handfull as Gabby and the beast - teams won't have a clue who to mark when they're playing us. Really hope this guys helps with the home form - even if it is from a battering ram style perspective.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play. However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system. Clearly not ideal.

completely agree. Helenius isnt built for benteke's position and therefore we dont have a plan if benteke is hurt or needs a rest. Good call by lambert

Not at £7m it isn't! We aren't in a position to spend £7m on understudies. Especially when there are other areas of the squad that need more urgent attention.

Urgent attention according to whom?

Number of forwards in first team: 5

Number of playmakers in first team: 0

You didn't answer the question at all there. 

If you include Kozak and we keep playing the system which has improved our results then neither Kozak, Bowery or Helenius is going to be given much game time if our front three stay fit.

That to me with limited funding available is a total waste of resources. Lambert is creating his own bomb squad for this season rather than actually using the limited finance to improve the first team.

If Kozak does come in then yes it would seem likely that he will for the most part be back up to Benteke this season. Of course in certain games they could also very well play up top together.

As for Bowery he came in for a few hudred thousand from Chesterfield and it may well be he will not make it at this level. I dare say he is on no more than around 5k a week so if he doesn't make it as a Prem player there will be no problem with off loading him. I also think he is seen by Lambert as more of a wide midfielder/attacker much in the same way as Gabby.

As for Helenius it seems that he has been quoted as saying that he has been brought in as a wide attacker or to play just behind the main striker.

With the above in mind I'd say we most definately need someone like Kozak as if Benteke gets injured we currently have no like for like replacement. It should also be remembered that Benteke will almost certainly be off at the end of the season so it is no bad thing if we can bring a potential replacement in for him now and get him up to speed this season whilst Benteke is still here.

The point is though will those players immediately improve the first team considering we have limited finance and we did have Bent who is a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. We could have kept Bent until the end of this season as back up to Benteke leaving us spending whatever finance available on a AM or DM.

Yes i've heard the argument about Bent's wages a million times but he is only out on loan and not sold so we could have him back again at the start of next season anyway.

it just seems to me that for us to improve on last year you must improve the first team which we have with Luna and Okore in defence but improvement is also needed in midfield and our limited finance would have been better spent there than actually purchasing another forward who like Helenius and Bowery may get very limited game time this season.

Yes that Darren Bent who was awful on Saturday. Darren Bent is not worth 80k a week for being a back-up striker. What do you not understand about that? As for this guy joining, as I did with Benteke, I will give the guy a chance. Lambert has obviously seen something in the lad to attempt to bring him in.

Yes the same Darren Bent who has been injured and not yet match fit and you speak of giving a 'guy a chance.'

Â