Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

The transfer targets, and expenditure will evolve naturally depending on our goals for the season and the statue of our squad in the league.

This. It's like I tried to say earlier.

Rather than going "Right, we're near the bottom, here's £100m, take us to the top!" we're evolving it a bit more naturally this time. Gradually build our way up.

The former breeds mistakes, imo. Too easy to pay loads of money for players who don't end up being that good.

I believe (or hope) we'll eventually go back to paying more money. But it'll be done slowly rather than just chucking money around.

• Like 1

The mistake people make is thinking price always equals quality, when in fact that's far from the case.

No one is making that mistake. We all know too well from first hand experience that price doesn't equal quality.

Top quality does cost big money though. More than we have been spending anyway. There is a reason we finished 15th and are only hoping for around 10th this season and it's becasue we all know we haven't spent the money it takes to compete for a top 7 place.

Really? Because a lot of people are talking about how we'll supposedly never get anywhere unless we spend big money.

Except that isn't always the case. Benteke is top quality and he only cost £7m, which is hardly "big money". The reason we finished 15th last season and people are hoping for 10th this season is because the team is still very much a work in progress.

I genuinely don't think we will get anywhere (which to me means top 4) without spending on several top quality players. But if all we're now aiming for us mid table every year then the way we're running things is perfect

I genuinely don't think we will get anywhere (which to me means top 4) without spending on several top quality players. But if all we're now aiming for us mid table every year then the way we're running things is perfect

I think for the time being, that's exactly what we're aiming for. And rightly so.

I think for the time being, that's exactly what we're aiming for. And rightly so.

as long as we realise the better players will get picked off every summer by clubs aiming higher then i agree

the problem is i'm not sure how you can continue to evolve/improve if that happens

TO SUMMERISE

Part one - Survive and re-build (last season) (shift deadwood, rebuild first, team stay up).

Part two - Consolidate and and complete rebuild (where we are now) ( continue shifting deadwood, re-enforce first team, and introduce some extra competition for places)

Part three - Gradually improve the squad and league performance till we can look to try to challenge the best (Which should start next summer or maybe the following summer) (Now deadwood is gone, maintain freshness of squad by shifting playing failing to make the grade, and increase competition by bringing in player that should pose a real threat to established first teamers).

Part four - Challenge the best (bring in players better than we already have), this can only happen once we have qualified for europe and if you are playing it safe then two season in a row).

TO CONCLUDE

The transfer targets, and expenditure will evolve naturally depending on our goals for the season and the statue of our squad in the league.

The main issue being debated is when the club are planning to start 'Part Three' if we are going to move on to that at all.

There is a very real prospect that the management are happy for the club to sit in your 'Part Two', buying cheap bargains and flipping them a couple of years later for bigger money, then going out and buying cheap bargains again. 

The fans want to see some evidence that we are going to move into 'Part Three' and start buying even better players than we have already to establish ourselves in the higher positions.

• Like 2

what is our current net spend anyway?

Reported fees so far.

1.5M for Helenius

4M for Okore

2.5M for Tonev

1M for Bacuna

Steer was free?

2M for Luna

Say roughly 10M-12M Spent. Kiyotake bid of 12 M. Total Roughly 22-24 million. Not totally unrealistic (same as last year.. factor in new potential prize money)

Then you factor Bent for 6 M and reportedly 1-2 million for Makoun

We really havent spent much at all if we dont sign Kiyotake or someone else.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

We have only had 1 year under Lambert so its a bit soon to be looking at stage 3 already IMO. We do need to have a bit of patience with where we are going and have to realise it may take a few seasons, Rome wasn't built in a day

According to twitter and she who shall not be named aka *crazy*

We have bid 10m (even though he has an 8.5m release clause we decided to bid 1.5m above his release clause just for the lols.) 

The 10m bid has been rejected, but she now believes because they "breached his contract" he's coming to Villa for free. 

Edited by KjParton

Even if we had £250m to spend, we wouldn't make Champ League this season. It takes a couple of seasons to pull it all together even if you are flinging money at the problem (unless your club was already challenging for CL the previous season - I guess someone like Spurs could do it).

Kiyotake on a free? Don't want. Price = quality. Next please.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

Even if we had £250m to spend, we wouldn't make Champ League this season. It takes a couple of seasons to pull it all together even if you are flinging money at the problem (unless your club was already challenging for CL the previous season - I guess someone like Spurs could do it).

He would only be free because of a apparent 'breach of contract'. He is a very quality player and to get him for free would be ridiculously good business.

Although that won't happen.

carroll.jpg

_65205488_michu.jpg

Edited by AVFCforever1991

According to twitter and she who shall not be named aka *crazy*

We have bid 10m (even though he has an 8.5m release clause we decided to bid 1.5m above his release clause just for the lols.) 

The 10m bid has been rejected, but she now believes because they "breached his contract" he's coming to Villa for free. 

Don't forget he Tweeted a picture of that Dyson fan, so that must mean he's somewhere else other than his air conditioned house in Germany. In a hotel in Birmingham!!?!?!? #crypticitk

• Like 1

We need to get to midtable before we can look higher

carroll.jpg

_65205488_michu.jpg

I think you missed the sarcasm :P