Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

Not convinced Lambert would spend £10m on him personally.

He's definately the type of player we could do with but I'd prefer Scott Sinclair I think. Maybe have him on loan with a view to buying him.

Not convinced Lambert would spend £10m on him personally.

He's definately the type of player we could do with but I'd prefer Scott Sinclair I think. Maybe have him on loan with a view to buying him.

Definitely wouldn't prefer Sinclair, massively overrated in my opinion AND was happier to sit on Man City's bench for $$$ than be part of something decent under Laudrup at Swansea.

• Like 2

out of interest as it was discussed on the first few pages, how much exactly have we been reported to have spent on each player so far? I think our spending to effectively change the entire squad has been considerably modest especially for a big prem club

Agree - Much as I admire Lambo's bargain hunting - we can't keep investing so little, and expect to become a credible premier force.

• Like 1

out of interest as it was discussed on the first few pages, how much exactly have we been reported to have spent on each player so far? I think our spending to effectively change the entire squad has been considerably modest especially for a big prem club

Agree - Much as I admire Lambo's bargain hunting - we can't keep investing so little, and expect to become a credible premier force.

Agree with the totally

*This*

But what do you mean by 'credible premier force'?

Nah I disagree.

Lowton & Westwood cost pennies, and they've been brilliant for us, not to mention Sylla, Guzan and to a slightly lesser extent, Vlaar. OK Benteke cost a little more, but as with Okore this summer, we've shown that we're still prepared to spend a reasonable amount on the right player.

We don't need to be spending any more than we are, we just need time, patience and commitment.

• Like 1

Agree with the totally

*This*

Yeah, sorry lads. Completely disagree.

Because throwing around loads of money really worked well for us before...

It worked pretty well for Spurs.

We will not get to challange for europe until we start spending 10m+ on players again. Players like Bale and Modric were bought as prospects on the cheap but they both cost over 10m.

The current level of spending might bo ok for a team in our current position looking to survive relegation but if we are going to take the next step ot will require the next level of player and they cost ££.

Works for all clubs in the long run - we only threw money at it for a very short period time.

I fear though with current levels of investment - should Lambo get us to above 10th next year he will feel he has taken us as far he can  and/or will be approached by a club with more clout in the transfer market.

Much as admire Lamberts prudence, Aston Villa are still a massive, massive club - we shouldn't be bounced out of the transfer market by likes of swansea, cardiff, southampton.

I agree with Skarroki and Smetrov.

The model that we appear to be adopting is to buy young players with potential for relatively low sums.

With this policy, when a player improves, you get a good player for cheap, on reasonable wages (for his ability) that has grown with the club, OR you sell him for much more money which can be reinvested.

If the plan is to reinvest money on cheap players AGAIN, then the extra money is simply going into Randy's pocket. I can't imagine Lambert being so enthusiastic about that. The (majority of) player profits will be reinvested into players.

I'm certain that we will start to spend more money on players eventually. It's the model we're going for. As we climb the league our spending will increase.

If we start spending £5m/£6m on players, it doesn't mean that we'll suddenly start buying Richard Dunne/ James Collins type players, it might just mean we will be buying more Benteke & Okores.

We will not get to challange for europe until we start spending 10m+ on players again. Players like Bale and Modric were bought as prospects on the cheap but they both cost over 10m.

The current level of spending might bo ok for a team in our current position looking to survive relegation but if we are going to take the next step ot will require the next level of player and they cost ££.

Players like Benteke cost less than 10 million.

Spending big money on average players doesn't get you success as we know too well but spending little money doesn't get you very far either.

The only way to get back amongst the top 7 in the table is to spend big money on good players.

Yes, we hit the jackpot on that signing and when we sell him next summer for £30m (or whatever) what do you suggest we do?

Continue buying players in the £1-5m bracket or start moving up to the £10m+ bracket?

Yes, we hit the jackpot on that signing and when we sell him next summer for £30m (or whatever) what do you suggest we do?

Continue to support the manager's judgement would be my answer

Agree that we can't fill the whole squad with 900K players. Who is the best of Lambert's signings? - The most expensive one.

Surely that's a toss up between Benteke (the most expensive at around 6.5M) and Lowton (one of the cheapest at under 1M) and Guzan (a freebie)?

its a building process but its important to buy a few Benteke style players. 6-10 million is not alot of money. If swansea can afford Bony and Southampton Wanyama. Im sure we can sign Kiyo for 10-12 as well.

Agree that we can't fill the whole squad with 900K players. Who is the best of Lambert's signings? - The most expensive one.

Right. Maybe - time will tell. So far, you're correct. Probably Benteke. The original point was that we can't be a creditable premier league team unless we start making more signings over 10 million.

That's just wrong.

I can name plenty more signings for under 10 million that would make it into a top four team. Here's another - Vidic.