Paul Lambert's fans forum August 5th

lainux

Lambert on Petrov: "When I first heard it was devastating, I think there has to come a point when the 19th minute applause stops."

Lambert on signing more players: "If something comes up and I think it's worthwhile I'll look at it, you always have targets." #avfc

Edited by Cracker1234

The 19th minute applause needs to stop vs Malaga in my opinion. It should've stopped last game of the season. Malaga should be the last one as Stan is cured at the moment. It's a good time to finish it. 

Would like to see a lot of fan initiatives for Cancer Research though.

The 19th minute applause needs to stop vs Malaga in my opinion. It should've stopped last game of the season. Malaga should be the last one as Stan is cured at the moment. It's a good time to finish it. 

Not that I don't agree with ending the applause, but isn't it a bit premature to say he's "cured"? He's in remission, but as far as I know cancer doesn't just go away like that.

Not that I don't agree with ending the applause, but isn't it a bit premature to say he's "cured"? He's in remission, but as far as I know cancer doesn't just go away like that.

Yeah, I just couldn't think of a way of saying 'stop it until, heaven forbid, it comes back'. 

Really enjoyed tonight. Fair play for PL doing a forum, he doesn't have to do it, especially the day after a friendly.

He was asked what was his biggest regret last season. Interestingly he said it was the Bradford HT team talk in the second leg. "A situation happened that I should have dealt with differently." It was a rare moment where he slightly let his guard down.

Really enjoyed tonight. Fair play for PL doing a forum, he doesn't have to do it, especially the day after a friendly.

He was asked what was his biggest regret last season. Interestingly he said it was the Bradford HT team talk in the second leg. "A situation happened that I should have dealt with differently." It was a rare moment where he slightly let his guard down.

Spotted this one and it intrigued me the most.

Was he talking about Bradford away at half time or Bradford at home?

EDIT-  just re-read your post, it was Bradford at home - I really wonder what it was. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

EDIT-  just re-read your post, it was Bradford at home - I really wonder what it was.

The guys on our table thought maybe he was talking about Ireland? But looking back on the match report, he didn't make any subs at HT, and Ireland played the full game. We'll probably never know!

No subs at half time...

You know what I think it is. I bet you he said something along the lines of boys, calm down, don't go all out attacking when you go back out there. Just take your time.

Whereas he should have said, kick the shit out of them. 

He said he blamed himself for us not winning a cup last season. I think it was a tactical error he thought hemade. 

Edited by KjParton

The guys on our table thought maybe he was talking about Ireland? But looking back on the match report, he didn't make any subs at HT, and Ireland played the full game. We'll probably never know!

The mistake he made was probably that he left Ireland on the pitch. He maybe thought if we had of turned it around and Ireland had an influence in the game that he might of started coming good. Ah well guess we will never know

I've come away from tonight feeling really positive about the future. Lambert is a modern, forward thinking manager who has the right attitude when it comes to blooding youngsters. I suppose this is the main idea behind doing the forums but he genuinely came across as someone who is passionate about doing well for us. He's got a good sense of humour too.

One question was which player you would least like to be stuck in a lift with. His response was Luna as he doesn't know a word of English so the conversation wouldn't be great!

Just came back from the forum, and really enjoyed it, he actually answered a lot of the questions very well and honest.

Got to actually met the man himself and shake his hand, also took a photo with him. Even managed to get him sign my season ticket at the end!

The mistake he made was probably that he left Ireland on the pitch. He maybe thought if we had of turned it around and Ireland had an influence in the game that he might of started coming good. Ah well guess we will never know

That's quite a reach. It sounds far more interesting than a tactical decision. 

Â