Paul Lambert's fans forum August 5th

lainux

Geek coaches question warning.

Please ask him if he feels we are primarily a counter attacking team? Or if he feels we can penetrate in the final 3rd thru ball retention and switching the point of attack to unbalance defenses and utilize width thru full backs or other wide players.

• Like 1

Geek coaches question warning.

Please ask him if he feels we are primarily a counter attacking team? Or if he feels we can penetrate in the final 3rd thru ball retention and switching the point of attack to unbalance defenses and utilize width thru full backs or other wide players.

Ask him to solve for 'y'

9518192-close-up-of-math-formulas-on-a-b

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

I do think we are following the Dortmund model far closer than any other club. How can Spurs be doing it paying £27m for Soldado? Liverpool? LOL ...Arsenal follow the Barca model, Chelsea just buy.

Of course the Dortmund model is more than just buying players dirt cheap that turn out to be quality. It's their style of play...it's all very concise and clinical, we are attempting to emulate that as well from what I can see. Every time Dortmund go forward you feel they could score a goal...towards the end of last season there was elements of that within our team.

So erm anyway, what to ask Paul Lambert? Can someone ask why he's trying to offload Barry Bannan? I guess that would fall under the bomb squad category though.

I think "can you break the top on a budget" question is a good one.....to gauge what his ambitions are and if he believes they can happen. 

Ask probing questions not just generic are you going to sign blah blah which will just be rebuffed and met with rolled eyes.

Edited by supernova26

Is someone going to be brave enough to ask PL for a full in depth account of just what it is exactly that he doesn't fancy about Darren Bent as I don't believe a full explanation has ever been given to the fans:

1. Why did he Strip DB of the captaincy?.

2 Then  relegate him to the bench &/or drop him from the squad Completely?

3 Then make him train with the kids &/or the `Bomb Squad?

4 Just what is it exactly that Darren Bent has done wrong?

Not sure if any or all of these questions will be answered directly or at all by PL as they are pretty explosive but it's pointless going to a forum IMO if you are just going to ask bog standard questions that can be met with bog standard answers. Whoever turns up please don't dodge this issue.

What's the old saying? If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. Well I honestly believe this question deserves an answer no matter how convoluted or evasive the response. .

Is someone going to be brave enough to ask PL for a full in depth account of just what it is exactly that he doesn't fancy about Darren Bent as I don't believe a full explanation has ever been given to the fans:

2 Then relegate him to the bench &/or drop him from the squad Completely?

Not sure if any or all of these questions will be answered directly or at all by PL as they are pretty explosive but it's pointless going to a forum IMO if you are just going to ask bog standard questions that can be met with bog standard answers. Whoever turns up please don't dodge this issue.

What's the old saying? If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. Well I honestly believe this question deserves an answer no matter how convoluted or evasive the response. .

What do you mean by "deserves an answer"?

Aside from the captaincy issue, which is worth asking about he hasn't been treated any differently to the other members of the bomb squad. It's nothing personal, if they no longer have a role to play in the squad then why include them at all? Should we pander to them?

2 Then  relegate him to the bench &/or drop him from the squad Completely?

Do people still care?

• Like 1

I for one believe the fans deserve an answer from the horses mouth on the subject of DB as opposed to all the wild & speculative explanations bandied about from all other sources.

I am also curious as to whether PL would answer those questions fully & concisely or whether he would just fudge it?

I'm not having a go at PL here either so please don't get me wrong on that score.

I'm just curious as to whether a proper answer would be forth coming or if it would be avoided like the plague so that we will never really know what went on.

Maybe I'm just naive?

I'm not sure it would be wise to answer the Bent related questions until he's left the club permanently. Last thing we want to do is say something that makes people even LESS likely to want him

I'm also going, the question I initially submitted was: What was your reaction the support you received, not only from the chairman, but from the players and supporters, when thing weren't going our way last season?

I have a few questions I would love somebody to ask, I expect they are all a bit too specific for him to be able to give a full and decent answer to but if anyone gets a chance:

1) With Agbonlahor's high-wage contract running out in 2 years, does Paul think he will be able to offer him a new contract with a wage within our new budget?

2) Does he feel some of our Development/NextGen squad need to be getting some first team football in the lower leagues this season to help transition them into the first team? If so, who & when.

3) 3 year contracts for Weimann & Baker, why? Was this by design or were they not willing to sign longer deals?

4) Are we looking for an understudy to Lowton, or is Bacuna expected to support when needed, despite preferring to play in midfield?

5) Did we receive any cash for Makoun or Holman? Are we expecting to receive any cash for the bomb-squad? (bar Bent, where we obviously do)

6) Are we going to have to pay-off/continue to part-pay the wages of the bomb-squad to get them to **** off?

7) Does he intend to sort out our defence this year, particularly in regards to set-pieces?

8) Does he believe we can we keep Benteke past next summer?

9) If so, how far does he believe he can take us in the next 3-5 years? What's his goal?

10) Did we actually ever receive a bid for Benteke from anybody?

11) In regards to keeping our best players, how does Paul intend to influence players to keep to their contracts when he has never seen out a contract himself as a manager?

(That last one may be a little harsh to spring on him, but If I was a player i'd see it as a little rich to be told about my contract etc when the man telling me has forced moves himself for his last 2 moves up the footballing ladder. Not to sound like I'm attacking the bloke, I really love what he's building here, it's just a question I'd be interested to hear his answer to.)

Been looking at some of the questions people have been posting and added a few to my list I attend to ask :)

Going avoid asking anything about Darren Bent until he has moved on, but going to hopefully ask about some of our Nextgen winning squad going out on loan e.g. Grealish and Burke and adding to questions about the 'bomb squad' :)

Been looking at some of the questions people have been posting and added a few to my list I attend to ask :)

Going avoid asking anything about Darren Bent until he has moved on, but going to hopefully ask about some of our Nextgen winning squad going out on loan e.g. Grealish and Burke and adding to questions about the 'bomb squad' :)

Okay Avflife, admire your diplomacy on the Bent issue so as a compromise & after a very, very deep breath, please can you ask Paul Lambert the most explosive question of all?

Does he post on VT?  ;)  :)

Okay Avflife, admire your diplomacy on the Bent issue so as a compromise & after a very, very deep breath, please can you ask Paul Lambert the most explosive question of all?

Does he post on VT?  ;)  :)

Haha I can ask him and get the forum so publicity :) Thinking about it will be asking about the 'bomb squad'.

I haven't been around that much in the last 3-4 weeks so I feel I've missed a thing or two. What the hell is the "bomb squad"? Reading the posts in this thread I guess it's about Ireland, Bent and Given. But why call them the bomb squad?

As for questions to Lambert I've nothing to add, I think. Maybe who he think is the brightest prospect from the next gen champions. Though, I guess he wouldn't answer that straight out as he probably wants them all to feel special, and not just one of them.

The bomb squad are the players we are trying to move on and are training on their own.

Apparently one of the tabloids interviewed one of them and they have called themselves the bomb squad (It was one of those 'sun sources' though so might be a completely made up interview in the paper).

Â