Paul Lambert's fans forum August 5th

lainux

I have also been selected :) my main two questions are 1) What is happening to the 'Bomb squad' and when is our new number 10 arriving and is it Kiyotake?? 

Would you not ask decent questions?

I have also been selected :) my main two questions are 1) What is happening to the 'Bomb squad' and when is our new number 10 arriving and is it Kiyotake?? 

Would you not ask decent questions?

Will the additions of Okore and Tony Moon :D limit the defensive mistakes that cost us the majority of last season.

Is the fan forum just with Lambert or are other AVFC departments involved?

If there's a media/marketing presence there, ask 'em if there are plans to improve AVTV at all. :D  

• Like 4

I don't think anyone's actually suggested a decent question yet.

He's not going to directly answer questions about transfers and/or finances.

And he isn't going to give two shits about AVTV. That's not his job.

Ask him about tactics, ask him about youth development, ask him about how he made Benteke stay, ask him about his inspirations in the game, ask him about when he's going to win us the Champions League :)

Ask him stuff he might actually answer

• Like 2

He is not going to answer a question like "are we going to sign player x,y,z" there is no point asking it.

I would ask him if he feels the need to change the way we play considering the lack of clean sheets we have had.

As I have not seen him specifically say so anywhere I would like you to ask him to what extent he is deliberately and conciously following the Dortmund model.

(Which I am all for as it happens).

Ta !

Out of interest what exactly would you describe as the Dortmund model?

I'd be interested to hear how Paul feels about the trial of safe standing which the club is pursuing - seeing as it's quite topical on here at present.

Essentially what he appears to be doing. A concious long term plan to eschew high wages and star players, to build everything around highly motivated players from our own youth team and elsewhere and team spirit/fan involvement - which became huge in Dortmunds case - and a total commitment to positie attacking football.

There are seeral good articles about it on the net.

The thing is though, every club who can't afford to buy their way to the top claim to be following the "Dortmund model".

Go onto the Liverpool forums and their fans also talk about how Brendan Rogers is following the Dortmund model. Spurs fans talk about doing it, Arsenal fans as well and probably even teams like Swansea would be hoping to emulate the recent (affordable)success of Dortmund.

Pretty much every side in the league, bar the oil rich teams, wants to buy up and coming hungry young talent whilst they are still cheap and develop them into a top team.

We don't have some sort of secret plan there, it is how all clubs want to operate.

The thing is though, every club who can't afford to buy their way to the top claim to be following the "Dortmund model".

Go onto the Liverpool forums and their fans also talk about how Brendan Rogers is following the Dortmund model. Spurs fans talk about doing it, Arsenal fans as well and probably even teams like Swansea would be hoping to emulate the recent (affordable)success of Dortmund.

Pretty much every side in the league, bar the oil rich teams, wants to buy up and coming hungry young talent whilst they are still cheap and develop them into a top team.

We don't have some sort of secret plan there, it is how all clubs want to operate.

The difference being that the proof is in the pudding when it comes to us. We are buying those young motivated players instead of paying big money for big players.

Liverpool, Spurs and even Swansea certainly aren't doing that.

It may not be a secret, but of the teams you've mentioned I'd say we're the only team doing it. (I'm not saying we'll succeed)

• Like 1

How are Liverpool not doing it? Their biggest signings under Rogers are typically still under 10m and not household names.

Spurs and Arsenal also traditionally don't spend big money and pay big wages (though this window seems to have changed things). They normally go for up and coming youth stars from Southhampton (Bale, Walcott, Oxlay) or Croatia/France etc

Coutinho, Sturridge, Allen, Borini cost nearly 50 million between them

Yeah but other than their numerous 8 figure transfers last season, who have they spent money on? :lol:

Edited by ArteSuave

The point is that the basic blueprint is the same. Buy young hungry players and develop them into a team.

Liverpool are shopping at the next level up, as you would expect from a team in the top 6 vs a team in the bottom 5, but their strategy is the same as ours.

Â