Paul Lambert's fans forum August 5th

lainux

Do the players have to man-up this season?

You wouldn't have been able to ask that anyway in England any more. It is deemed sexist and derogatory to any females in the immediate vicinity.

Otherwise, a good question as I know what it is you meant :-)

You never know, he may have been thinking how he stuck with Given in the Bradford games, one goal at least really was poor on Shays part*. Just a thought.

*I like the bloke and wanted to stick with him in the cup games too, but it was probably a mistake.

Alternatively Lambert could feel bad about shouting at a player and blaming him unfairly for the result?

I guess we will never know.

No chance.

Wouldn't have made a difference if Guzan was in goal in those games, imo. Only goal Given had a chance with was the very first, and even that was a stretch. I'd bet my house on the fact that Lambert wasn't referring to Given whatsoever.

For me the biggest mistake in the Bradford game was the second half in the second leg.

First half we played exactly how we should play against lower league opposition. Kept the ball away from them, passed it around, played with patience.

They snatched a flukey goal and Paul panicked. he threw on 3 strikers, dismantled the midfield and our play fell apart. The 4 strikers ended up stood in the penatly area and there was nobody behind them to play the game. We lost all shape and structure. It was like a 13 year old playing FM.

I don't think he was referring to that to be honest. BUt that for me was the biggest mistake

You never know, he may have been thinking how he stuck with Given in the Bradford games, one goal at least really was poor on Shays part*. Just a thought.

*I like the bloke and wanted to stick with him in the cup games too, but it was probably a mistake.

Alternatively Lambert could feel bad about shouting at a player and blaming him unfairly for the result?

I guess we will never know.

No chance.

Wouldn't have made a difference if Guzan was in goal in those games, imo. Only goal Given had a chance with was the very first, and even that was a stretch. I'd bet my house on the fact that Lambert wasn't referring to Given whatsoever.

For me the biggest mistake in the Bradford game was the second half in the second leg.

First half we played exactly how we should play against lower league opposition. Kept the ball away from them, passed it around, played with patience.

They snatched a flukey goal and Paul panicked. he threw on 3 strikers, dismantled the midfield and our play fell apart. The 4 strikers ended up stood in the penatly area and there was nobody behind them to play the game. We lost all shape and structure. It was like a 13 year old playing FM.

I don't think he was referring to that to be honest. BUt that for me was the biggest mistake

Fair do's, cant really argue with that. Particularly the latter, Lambert really lost his head there.

16) Grealish isn't ready for the first team and needs to go out on loan if that's possible

Pschtttt preferred Charlton anyway...

He's still got loads of time Kev. And at least we'll get another year of you!

Yeah I was only giving it a bit of shanter aha. And yeahhh I did think that tbh :)

The pessimist in me says we would've got to the final and lost to Swansea but if some one right now said here's a free million dollar bet, just pick one team that Villa is not going to lose against home and away this season, I would probably pick Swansea. As much as their style has troubled many teams I think ours vs theirs is more favourable to us if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Ask him, are we always going to sign young players, train them up to a higher standard then sell them off or are we going to, sometime in the future buy better players to strengthen the team and keep them ?   

Ask him, are we always going to sign young players, train them up to a higher standard then sell them off or are we going to, sometime in the future buy better players to strengthen the team and keep them ?   

It was yesterday.

• Like 2

Ask him, are we always going to sign young players, train them up to a higher standard then sell them off or are we going to, sometime in the future buy better players to strengthen the team and keep them ?

It was yesterday.

You could send it him on a fax?

Ask him, are we always going to sign young players, train them up to a higher standard then sell them off or are we going to, sometime in the future buy better players to strengthen the team and keep them ?

It was yesterday.

You could send it him on a fax?

and you use the spurs fax machine it is guaranteed to get there before the deadline
  • Like 4

The pessimist in me says we would've got to the final and lost to Swansea but if some one right now said here's a free million dollar bet, just pick one team that Villa is not going to lose against home and away this season, I would probably pick Swansea. As much as their style has troubled many teams I think ours vs theirs is more favourable to us if that makes sense. 

Why is that ? We've almost got battered by them from what I heard << Didn't see that game ..

Anyway TBF I couldn't take out the factor of confidence ..

Was a pleasure to be there last night.

Think most of the things that were discussed have already been mentioned. A couple of humorous moments personally were:

'Paul, after the whole Benteke situation, can you afford yourself a little giggle that Spurs are now moaning that Bale has been unfairly tapped up by Real Madrid?'

'Paul, taking you away from football for a moment. How does Delia Smith's cooking compare to the food here? Did she put on a nice spread for you?'

Lambert is also a funny guy when he wants to be, and was constantly poking fun at Tom 'Bluenose' Ross.

• Like 1

I would answer instead of him .. lol

If we jumped to the next level .. And the finances were good .. And we found money for value ! Then I think we could reach the 20m again ..

Ofcourse .. if we jumped to the next level and begin to play in Europe regularly ..

For now we are balancing our finances .. Trying to step up with the less risk .. And trying to establish our own stars .. 

I seem to remember some rumour after the Bradford game that in the tunnel Lambert was apoplectic and said of a player that he was useless and wanted to kill him and it was thought to be Stephen Ireland who has not played for the first team since?

Maybe it was Ireland not Bannan.

I did put a question mark at the end of the sentence. I do remember Bannan was subbed far too early that game, everything dangerous went through the middle of the park. We needed his distribution from side-to-side.

When he says: "A situation happened that I should have dealt with differently", i think it is an incident related thing and not a tactical error.

Since Ireland didn't play after that, I agree it's probably Ireland. 

I seem to remember some rumour after the Bradford game that in the tunnel Lambert was apoplectic and said of a player that he was useless and wanted to kill him and it was thought to be Stephen Ireland who has not played for the first team since?

Maybe it was Ireland not Bannan.

I did put a question mark at the end of the sentence. I do remember Bannan was subbed far too early that game, everything dangerous went through the middle of the park. We needed his distribution from side-to-side.

When he says: "A situation happened that I should have dealt with differently", i think it is an incident related thing and not a tactical error.

Since Ireland didn't play after that, I agree it's probably Ireland. 

Con - You are not allowed to agree with anyone - It's against VT regulations.

I won't say anything to the Mods if you don't :P

• Like 1

Lambert had a good record against them at Norwich too.

Â