Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

not a chance Verthongen is better at centre than left and Vermaelen is worst than any of our defenders. Mertesacker keeps Vermaelen out of Arsenal team, Lahm is still a brilliant player, Boateng is also underrated and also played for best team in Europe last season with Lahm. Badstuber has been injured for last 18 months or so but is underrated.

reason Germany lost in Euro 2012 was Schweinsteiger was carrying an injury and he makes them tick

So they rely on one man?

• Like 1

Think belgium will be the team that I'll be keeping an eye on in the upcoming world cup. I always find a team to root for seeing that Norway haven't qualified for anything in a while. Hoping for a final between Brazil and Belgium. Might be very entertaining.

I guess all us Villa fans will be rooting for Belgium as England wont get very far.

There is no denying they have talent but lets see them perform in a tournament before we start saying how wonderful they are. They certainly have the players... but the hard part is playing together well.

Yup, but Belgium stole him from the parking lot and resprayed him.

EDIT - vaguely related to stealing and respraying players, "Speaking with Roy in the office there is a possibility Januzaj could qualify to play for England from 2015."

Edited by Panto_Villan

this is a quote from albanian bondsman: "Er is weinig kans dat Januzaj voor Albanië zal spelen", laat Ilur Shulku, een topman van de Albanese Voetbalbond, in de krant Gazeta Express weten. "Met de speler zelf hebben we nog niet gesproken, maar uit gesprekken met zijn familie bleek dat hij geen interesse heeft om voor Albanië uit te komen."

it says : there is little chanse he will play for albania because we had a conversation with his parents and they said he doesn't have interest in albania/kosovo.

Edited by Belgian guy
  • Like 1

He wants to play for Albania though.

nope he hasn't made his decision and his father want him first to brake trough a united. btw he isn't albanian he is belgian born with kosovarian desent.

Its a bit confusing but Kosovo comes under Albania. Somebody born in that Kosovo region would play for Albania.

Edited by Voinjama

nope he hasn't made his decision and his father want him first to brake trough a united. btw he isn't albanian he is belgian born with kosovarian desent.

Its a bit confusing but Kosovo comes under Albania. Somebody born in that Kosovo region would play for Albania.

he isn't born in kosovo he is born in Brussel.

I know, I was just making the point in reference to your 'he isn't Albanian' bit.

Nationality doesn't work like that.  The principle of jus sanguinis (latin for "right of the blood") is a major factor both legally and morally.  A guy can consider himself Kosovan even if he wasn't born there.  I'd imagine those people whose families were displaced by war can feel especially close to the old country, I mean there is a very good chance this Januzaj fella might not ever return to Belgium. 

Â