Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

England very rarely naturalises players...probably the major euro nation that does it the least when you think Germany, Portugal,Spain and Italy do it quite often now....a proper equivilant would be someone like Arteta playing for England.

The Januazj thing really amuses me now....the FA really think he's going to wait another two and a half years twiddling his thumbs on international breaks at home waiting to qualify for England when he could be playing international football probably as early as next month for any of the other 1004 countries he's eligible for.

arteta - keep saying, he cant! home nations rule, nationalisation isn't enough to play for any of the home nations

2nd bit I completely agree with

he didnt reject belgium he just said he doesn't want to choose at the moment.

Exactly. By the sounds of it everyone will be waiting a few years for his decision.

he didnt reject belgium he just said he doesn't want to choose at the moment.

The chances of him selecting England are slim anyway. Either he will have to wait until he is 23 or if England opt out of the residential rule he wont qualify at all. I think Belgium are favourites but he's a young lad and wants to make the right decision.

He probably just wants to focus on playing for united at this stage. Maybe he will be in the Belgium world cup squad when the time comes. He's not going to want to wait 5 years to get international football. Belgium have better players than any of the other countries so its a no brainer really.

Edited by PaulC

I like what I'm reading about his character. He seems a good lad with his head screwed on. That can make the difference at the top level where ability is not the only pre-requisite. I hear his Dad/agent is a proper bellend though, so that can sometimes be trouble. Hopefully with him being family, Adnan will be able to reel him in.

That's the concensus, although I was more talking about his club career. Daddy wants glory. So sitting on Barça's bench would be better for him because he could say his son plays for Barcelona. Hopefully as the kid gets older he'll be able to sort his father out and say he wants to be playing football.

dont want to stereotype but seems like dads/agents from that part of Europe are assholes when dealing with their kids sporting career, mainly happens with tennis players though like Tomic and Dokic

dont want to stereotype but seems like dads/agents from that part of Europe are assholes when dealing with their kids sporting career, mainly happens with tennis players though like Tomic and Dokic

Sorry why is Djokovic's dad an asshole. I understand with Tomic but not Novak

Dokic not Djokovic. She used to play around late 90s early 2000s

Oh my apologies I thought it was short for Djokovic. I remember her now!

He needs to stop this coquettish behaviour and pick a damn nation to represent.

yes but its pointless him picking England now

He shouldn't be considering England.

He's 18 now so it's strange he's still in this situation.

Oh my apologies I thought it was short for Djokovic. I remember her now!

Yeah her Dad was off the scale. Eventually banned from Wimbledon IIRC.

Â