Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

So are Belgium stronger than their larger neighbours France and Holland?

Yes they are. I think they are comfortably better than France, they now need to do it in a tournament. These top individuals need to come together as a team.

I still think Spain are the best in Europe in terms of the individuals in their team/squad and how they actually work together as a team. But in terms of individuals, I think Belgium are slightly better than Germany because I compare the German strikers with the Belgian strikers and there is no comparison. Germany are still playing a 35 year old Miroslav Klose. He has been a great servant for them, but he is not as good as the two Congolese born guys up front for the red devils. Mario Gomez is not as good as them either.

Also there is an argument that the Belgian defence is stronger then Germany's defence too. Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Kompany etc. Germany's defence is what let them down in the Euro's last summer. But as I said in earlier post can these top Belgian individuals come together as a team - time will tell.

Edited by Voinjama

I still think Spain are the best in Europe in terms of the individuals in their team/squad and how they actually work together as a team. But in terms of individuals, I think Belgium are slightly better than Germany because I compare the German strikers with the Belgian strikers and there is no comparison. Germany are still playing a 35 year old Miroslav Klose. He has been a great servant for them, but he is not as good as the two Congolese born guys up front for the red devils. Mario Gomez is not as good as them either.

Also there is an argument that the Belgian defence is stronger then Germany's defence too. Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Kompany etc. Germany's defence is what let them down in the Euro's last summer. But as I said in earlier post can these top Belgian individuals come together as a team - time will tell.

lukaku isn't born in congo.

Yes but Spain's overall domination maybe be coming to an end.  They were well hammered by Brazil. Belgium could be like the Hungarians of the 50s.

Think belgium will be the team that I'll be keeping an eye on in the upcoming world cup. I always find a team to root for seeing that Norway haven't qualified for anything in a while. Hoping for a final between Brazil and Belgium. Might be very entertaining.

Yeah the German midfield is incredible, I never said it wasn't. But the defence of Lahm, Mertersacker, Boateng and Howedes is strong, but Belgiums defence is slightly better.

if only that was their starting defence ;)  Belgium play Vermaelen in defence thats enough reason to think its dodgy plus Kompany is massively overrated good player but not best in world or league. Wouldnt have Vidic, Chiellini or Thiago Silva concede that Weimann goal on saturday from a kick out

Edited by Zatman

Rightback: Alderweireld 

Central defenders: Kompany-Vermaelen

Leftback: Vertonghen

That is Belgium's defence

Germany's defence for some of their recent games was Badstuber, Mertersacker, Boateng and Lahm at left back. It changes from game to game, injuries, suspensions etc.

I think the Belgian quartet is slightly stronger, but it is close.

not a chance Verthongen is better at centre than left and Vermaelen is worst than any of our defenders. Mertesacker keeps Vermaelen out of Arsenal team, Lahm is still a brilliant player, Boateng is also underrated and also played for best team in Europe last season with Lahm. Badstuber has been injured for last 18 months or so but is underrated.

reason Germany lost in Euro 2012 was Schweinsteiger was carrying an injury and he makes them tick

is lahm still flirting with CM or has he gone back to RB?

lahm - hummels - boateng - schmelzer

id take that back 4 if I had too...

you then throw in who they can pick at DMC, and at GK and its a great unit, like people are saying though, its the midfield depth that sets them apart

Â