Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

I get the impression Belgium is really multicultural now. It wasn't in the early 90s when I used to hop over the border. Half the Belgian squad are of Congolese, Moroccan, Turkish etc origin.

euhm every country is multiculteral? btw we have no player from turkish decent and look at take a closer look at every other national team its just modern days most of them are born in belgium or raised in belgium.

courtois belgian born

mignolet belgian born

casteels: belgian born

alderweireld: belgian born

kompany: belgian born

vermaelen: belgian born

vertonghen: belgian born

lombaerts: belgian born

witsel: belgian born

fellaini; belgian born

defour: belgian born

dembéle: belgian born

hazard: belgian born

mertens: belgian born

bakkali: belgian born

de bruyne: belgian born

chadli:l belgian born

mirralas: belgian born

lukaku belgian born

only benteke is congolese born but he moved to belgium when he was 3 years old.

its a disgrace the FA is trying to make him egliable for england... thats just silly....

Not really, benteke was born in dr Congo afterall. Either way januzaj will be better off with Belgium

its a big difference ever heard of emigration?

So what has Januzaj done if not emigrate to England at the age of 16?

16 is too late. 

If he came when he was like 6 that would be ok.

Why?

At 16 he is basically an adult who has grown up in Belgium.

If he came aged 6 he would have gone to school in England, been raised in England and have an English accent - e.g. Zaha and Sterling.

He would be no different to other English people except the place on his birth certificate.

What is the cut off point then?  John Barnes was 14 when he moved to England. Everybody thinks of him as English. 

I dunno about 10.

tumblr_m9n5g7rxiq1rocwym-2.gif?w=830

• Like 1

You're awfully defensive belgian guy

yes because it frustrates me that some belgian born ppl stil get the tag of "other origin" or fakebelgian. :s

I have heard the same kind of thing about Zlatan Ibrahimovic way too many times. Often from people who is not even interested in football.

yes because it frustrates me that some belgian born ppl stil get the tag of "other origin" or fakebelgian. :s

It's life, and football. Don't take it personally.

On this subject, can we have some proof that you are actually Belgian? I mean, just calling yourself Belgian guy doesn't cut it for all we know you are Welsh. :)

• Like 1

On this subject, can we have some proof that you are actually Belgian? I mean, just calling yourself Belgian guy doesn't cut it for all we know you are Welsh. :)

haha :D i call myself belgian guy because im a guy from belgium XD to be honest i didn't know what name to pick :P

Edited by Belgian guy

The same was said about France's World-Cup winning team. It's an argument that will always be used by some.

The same was said about France's World-Cup winning team. It's an argument that will always be used by some.

yes but it frustrates me i want all belgians to be accepted and be equil.

England very rarely naturalises players...probably the major euro nation that does it the least when you think Germany, Portugal,Spain and Italy do it quite often now....a proper equivilant would be someone like Arteta playing for England.

The Januazj thing really amuses me now....the FA really think he's going to wait another two and a half years twiddling his thumbs on international breaks at home waiting to qualify for England when he could be playing international football probably as early as next month for any of the other 1004 countries he's eligible for.

Â