Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

Gareth Bale will not be Spanish in a few years time. He'll still be Welsh.

If he moved to Spain aged 4 then he would be Spanish now.

So there has to be a cut off age.

No, he would still be Welsh but eligible to play for Spain. :)

He wants to play for Albania though.

nope he hasn't made his decision and his father want him first to brake trough a united. btw he isn't albanian he is belgian born with kosovarian desent.

Its a bit confusing but Kosovo comes under Albania. Somebody born in that Kosovo region would play for Albania.

he isn't born in kosovo he is born in Brussel.

Nationality doesn't work like that.  The principle of jus sanguinis (latin for "right of the blood") is a major factor both legally and morally.  A guy can consider himself Kosovan even if he wasn't born there.  I'd imagine those people whose families were displaced by war can feel especially close to the old country, I mean there is a very good chance this Januzaj fella might not ever return to Belgium. 

I agree. 3 of my closest friends are pakistani, born and breed in this country yet consider themselves pakistani rather than english. To put it crudely, home is where the heart is, imo.

Today?.................only joking.

i am trying to make no grammar errors but its a hard language for a foreigner :S

Just move to England, you become English and everything will be a lot easier. Simples. :)

hehe :D

PSV Eindhoven forward Zakaria Bakkali may still decide to play for Morocco despite being named in Belgium's World Cup squad to face Croatia and Scotland.

The 17-year-old was born in Belgium to Moroccan parents and qualifies to play for both countries - until he plays in a competitive senior game.

He told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad: "There are a lot of people supposedly talking on my behalf but I haven't decided yet.

"It's still a very difficult decision."

Bakkali has twice before been named in the Belgian squad but is yet to make his debut. If he plays in one of qualifiers he will be committed to an international future with Belgium.

Morocco did not seek to include Bakkali in their squad for a friendly against South Africa in Agadir on Friday but have a history of chasing talent from the north African diaspora in Europe to strengthen their national side.

They persuaded Belgian-born Mehdi Carcela to play for Morocco even after Carcela won two caps in non-binding friendlies for Belgium.

Bakkali has other precedents to help his choice.

Nacer Chadli, who plays for Tottenham Hotspur, made one appearance for Morocco in a friendly against Northern Ireland in 2010 while he wrestled with the choice between the two countries before choosing Belgium.

Manchester United's Marouane Felliani also chose Belgium over Morocco.

BBC Sport - Zakaria Bakkali may still play for Morocco  

its a disgrace the FA is trying to make him egliable for england... thats just silly....

Not really, benteke was born in dr Congo afterall. Either way januzaj will be better off with Belgium

its a big difference ever heard of emigration?

So what has Januzaj done if not emigrate to England at the age of 16?

16 is too late. 

If he came when he was like 6 that would be ok.

Why?

At 16 he is basically an adult who has grown up in Belgium.

If he came aged 6 he would have gone to school in England, been raised in England and have an English accent - e.g. Zaha and Sterling.

He would be no different to other English people except the place on his birth certificate.

What is the cut off point then?  John Barnes was 14 when he moved to England. Everybody thinks of him as English. 

its a disgrace the FA is trying to make him egliable for england... thats just silly....

Not really, benteke was born in dr Congo afterall. Either way januzaj will be better off with Belgium

its a big difference ever heard of emigration?

So what has Januzaj done if not emigrate to England at the age of 16?

16 is too late. 

If he came when he was like 6 that would be ok.

Why?

At 16 he is basically an adult who has grown up in Belgium.

If he came aged 6 he would have gone to school in England, been raised in England and have an English accent - e.g. Zaha and Sterling.

He would be no different to other English people except the place on his birth certificate.

What is the cut off point then?  John Barnes was 14 when he moved to England. Everybody thinks of him as English. 

I dunno about 10.

Â