Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

I definitely understand the backlash re: Belgium. The team is finally putting it together but in earnest they still haven't accomplished anything.

The young talents still keep on coming.

Adnan Januzaj (LW/CAM) he hasn't declared for Belgium yet) looks like he'll get squad action this year for the Man U first team, which is pretty big considering he's 18 years old.

Zacariah Bakkali (17 LW/ST) has been great for PSV thus far this year.

Youri Tielemans (16, DM/CM/AM) had an impressive debut for Anderlect the other day.

Junior Malanda (18, DM) is on loan with Zulte which is crazy after his whole saga demanding a release from them to go to anotehr club. He ended up at Wolfsburg.

I'll post more when I get some more time.

I definitely understand the backlash re: Belgium. The team is finally putting it together but in earnest they still haven't accomplished anything.

The young talents still keep on coming.

Adnan Januzaj (LW/CAM) he hasn't declared for Belgium yet) looks like he'll get squad action this year for the Man U first team, which is pretty big considering he's 18 years old.

Zacariah Bakkali (17 LW/ST) has been great for PSV thus far this year.

Youri Tielemans (16, DM/CM/AM) had an impressive debut for Anderlect the other day.

Junior Malanda (18, DM) is on loan with Zulte which is crazy after his whole saga demanding a release from them to go to anotehr club. He ended up at Wolfsburg.

I'll post more when I get some more time.

hey thanks for the help =)

Belgium are overrated

Couldn't even qualify for Euro 2012.

that is true but back in 2010 qualifymatches we didn't have the players we now have in our current squad there are only 2 players left of that squad and those 2 players don't even play anymore timmy simons and Daniel vanbuyten. 

You mean the 2002 WC, right? (when talking about Simons and Van Buyten)

compared to the last qualifying campaign for 2010, the squad is pretty much the same, the only difference is the experience of the players.

players like Fellaini, Witsel, Kompany, Vertonghen have been playing for the national team for almost 6 years now

Belgium are overrated

Couldn't even qualify for Euro 2012.

that is true but back in 2010 qualifymatches we didn't have the players we now have in our current squad there are only 2 players left of that squad and those 2 players don't even play anymore timmy simons and Daniel vanbuyten. 

You mean the 2002 WC, right? (when talking about Simons and Van Buyten)

compared to the last qualifying campaign for 2010, the squad is pretty much the same, the only difference is the experience of the players.

players like Fellaini, Witsel, Kompany, Vertonghen have been playing for the national team for almost 6 years now

That's not entirely true.

Here's an example of the 2010 team

Goalkeepers:

Logan Bailly [bor. Mönchengladbach]

Jean-François Gillet [AS Bari]

Defenders:

Toby Alderweireld [AFC Ajax]

Steve Colpaert [sV Zulte Waregem]

Jelle Vanicon1.png Damme [RSC Anderlecht]

Nicolas Lombaerts [Zenit St. Petersburgicon1.png]

Thomas Vermaelen [Arsenal FC]

Vincent Kompany [Manchestericon1.png City]

Midfielders:

Thomas Buffel [KRC Genk]

Mehdi Carcela [standard de Liège]

Karel Geraerts [Club Brugge]

Jan Vertonghen [AFC Ajax]

Axel Witsel [standard de Liège]

Jonathan Blondel [Club Brugge]

Maarten Martens [AZ]

Strikers:

Moussa Dembele [AZ]

Romelu Lukaku [RSC Anderlecht]

Eden Hazard [Lille OSC]

Wesley Sonck [Club Brugge]

Courtois is one of the top 5 GKs in the world. Baily doesn't even get call ups anymore and Gillet is 3rd string for the moment behidn Courtois and Mignolet

Vertonghen is now at LB. Vermalen is at CB.

Of the remaining Midfielders minus Vertonghen only Witsel makes the NT

3 of the 4 strikers are on the NT.

Also of ntoe Lukaku was 16 Hazard 19.

This list doesn't even include Fellaini (Everton), Chadli (Tottenham), Mertens (Napoli), Mirallas (Everton) or and that Benteke guy.

It doesn't include De Bruyne (Chelsea) who has been Belgium's best player (save for Courtois) in their WC qualifying run. 

• Like 4

My point still stands. Of the defenders, only colpaert will never make the selection. your example is quite exceptional that was even in the squad.

Fellaini has been a regular since 2007 under Vandereycken, Mirallas since 2008, Mertens and chadli are regulars since the last campaign, as is benteke because Leekens was fan of his.

So no, compared to the last campaign, it is not just Simons and van Buyten who are still there. The only changes are the goalkeepers and the fact that most of these players moves to the PL.

Maxieme Lestiene 21 LW - Club Brugge

Massimo Bruno 19 AM - Anderlecht

Divock Origi DM 18- OSC Lille 

Holly Tshimanga 16 ST - Genk

Wout Faes DM 15 - Aka the Belgian David Luiz

Julien Ngoy ST 15 - Being courted by the big boys Barca, Madrid, Bayern, United, etc.

Lennerd Daneels CM 15 - At PSV

Dante Rigo 14 CM/DM - at PSV

Mattias Verreth 15 CF at PSV

Edited by LesDiablesRouges
  • Like 1

Lennerd Daneels CM 15 - At PSV

Dante Rigo 14 CM/DM - at PSV

Mattias Verreth 15 CF at PSV

Didn't know that you could sign for a foreign club that young.

What do people think of that Bakkali kid? I take it he will choose Belgium and not Morocco?

Looks like Bakkali will choose Belgium although the friendly tomorrow v france won't cap tie him to Belgium. I do believe he'll get picked for Scotland on 9/6/13 if he maintains his form and he is fit.

Always thought Jelle Van Damme would've been one of the first of the new Belgian Era to be a big star. Never happened though.

Was shite for Wolves and Southampton from memory.

think he was homesick both times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â