Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

I like what I'm reading about his character. He seems a good lad with his head screwed on. That can make the difference at the top level where ability is not the only pre-requisite. I hear his Dad/agent is a proper bellend though, so that can sometimes be trouble. Hopefully with him being family, Adnan will be able to reel him in.

He is a very focused determined player and as United supporter I am quite glad that he is putting United first before even considering his international career. Unfortunately though he still needs to sign a new contract. Hopefully it is wrapped up soon. As for his dad where have you heard he is a bellend? Everything I have heard about him is he is the reason he is putting his club career first and making sure he can get a first team spot. He is why Januzaj chose United over Barca in the first place because he thought it was the best place for him to come through. 

I imagine his Dad is pushing him towards Albania?

If he is then he not thinking about his son. Play for Albania or be part of something special with Belgium?

International football is not just about playing for the better team. Kosovans are very nationalistic so it would not be surprising if he was raised very Kosovan. Many Kosovans were forced to leave because of the war and not because they want to. They are very proud of their heritage and always identify with it. It is not even that long since they started marrying non-Kosovans. Whether Januzaj ends up playing for Albania, Kosovo or Belgium it is unfair to his father to say he isn't thinking about his son.

Kosovo will have a decent team if they are ever allowed play as I believe I read that players like Xhaka, Shaqiri and Behrami will also declare for them if they get into UEFA

Surely they can't declare for them, as they have already played competitive games for Switzerland?

Or will some special rule enacted?

Edited by AVFCforever1991

It is possible he thinks international football is a load of old shite and he has no interest in being pressured into picking a nation to represent. I think it is a bit disgusting that people are demanding he shows his colours, as it were. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Daily Heil front page declaring Januzaj public enemy number one for not siding with England.

Nationalism really is a load of bollocks.

• Like 1

thats the thing, He has played about 5 games at senior level and its stupid people demanding international call-ups. He could be another Macheda for all anybody knows, same thing happened when Sterling got a cap last year he had only played about 6 games and has been poor since then

• Like 1

thats the thing, He has played about 5 games at senior level and its stupid people demanding international call-ups. He could be another Macheda for all anybody knows, same thing happened when Sterling got a cap last year he had only played about 6 games and has been poor since then

this completely, you know it's a slow news week when this is big news. Also imagine if Jack Grealish scored two goals against Sunderland for us... would it have received the same amount of coverage?? IMO someone high up at OT with friends in the press is pushing this story because it gives Man United some decent press for the first time in a while.

Kosovo will have a decent team if they are ever allowed play as I believe I read that players like Xhaka, Shaqiri and Behrami will also declare for them if they get into UEFA

Surely they can't declare for them, as they have already played competitive games for Switzerland?

Or will some special rule enacted?

They can declare for Kosovo since when they began their career Kosovo wasn't an option. 

this completely, you know it's a slow news week when this is big news. Also imagine if Jack Grealish scored two goals against Sunderland for us... would it have received the same amount of coverage?? IMO someone high up at OT with friends in the press is pushing this story because it gives Man United some decent press for the first time in a while.

It is highly unlikely he will be 'another Macheda'. Macheda was never as dominant at youth and reserve level as Januzaj. This time last year he was still with the U18s. When he got promoted to reserves he instantly became the star player. He won reserve player of the year while still being eligible for the U18s which doesn't happen often. He even adapted to playing a false 9 role because there were no strikers in the reserve squad and he was able to still looking convincing. In the finals Kaboul was all over him trying to physically beat him out of the match but Januzaj took it in stride and wasn't phased. That same effortless step-up from youth to reserves is how he has moved up the the first team. Again he has stepped in and became a star player. He was great during pre-season and even in his short cameos in the league so far he has been our most impressive player out the left side. 

I'm a big fan of Grealish but Januzaj is a much bigger talent. He dominated the reserve league and got the golden ball at the blue stars youth tournament last year and well of course playing for the Premier League champions is going to get more coverage. I definitely would not be calling this all good press either. A large amount of the reports on Januzaj are how is contract is running out and he is going to leave us like Pogba and that United can't hold on to any of their talented young players anymore. 

• Like 1

I like what I'm reading about his character. He seems a good lad with his head screwed on. That can make the difference at the top level where ability is not the only pre-requisite. I hear his Dad/agent is a proper bellend though, so that can sometimes be trouble. Hopefully with him being family, Adnan will be able to reel him in.

He is a very focused determined player and as United supporter I am quite glad that he is putting United first before even considering his international career. Unfortunately though he still needs to sign a new contract. Hopefully it is wrapped up soon. As for his dad where have you heard he is a bellend? Everything I have heard about him is he is the reason he is putting his club career first and making sure he can get a first team spot. He is why Januzaj chose United over Barca in the first place because he thought it was the best place for him to come through. 

I imagine his Dad is pushing him towards Albania?

If he is then he not thinking about his son. Play for Albania or be part of something special with Belgium?

International football is not just about playing for the better team. Kosovans are very nationalistic so it would not be surprising if he was raised very Kosovan. Many Kosovans were forced to leave because of the war and not because they want to. They are very proud of their heritage and always identify with it. It is not even that long since they started marrying non-Kosovans. Whether Januzaj ends up playing for Albania, Kosovo or Belgium it is unfair to his father to say he isn't thinking about his son.

Ok fair point but do you really know that much about his family history other than his dad is Albanian and mom is Kosovan because I don't. I know about the war and ethnic cleansing and it must have been horrible to go through but I don't know when they moved to Belgium.

Seems Stoke on the verge of signing a big talent from Belgium Julien Ngoy.

yes :( i feel sad because they took him away from my favourite belgian team =(. it is not fair we lose al our talents to england...

Edited by Belgian guy

Â