Manchester United

BOF

Criticised by someone in Holland, with no links to club, their training methods/approach....or the player.

Prior to his last season at Arsenal and his 1st at Manyoo RvP had a blue plaque on many a physio's bench.  

Nothing article if you ask me.  

I think Moyes be OK as manager, he isnt the same style as otehr media British managers and I think he will be ok.

fact he has earmarked United weak spot can only be a positive for them as Fergie hasnt done it for years

I think many who idolized Fergie will criticise Moyes just because he is not Fergie which is completely unfair. He deserves to be given a chance.

This is Man Utd. They just won the league by 11pts. You don't get 'a chance' nor do you deserve one. You win or you go home.

I fully understand that, but just had a quick 15 minute gaze at RedCafe which is the biggest Manchester United fan forum, it seems some are criticising him already, he's only been there 10 minutes.

Edited by Voinjama

VT is an open, liberal forum, which I fully accept and agree with.

However, would it be possible to substitute some of the letters in the title with asterisks as, when I log into VT, I find the name of that club staring out at me to be deeply offensive?

I fully understand that, but just had a quick 15 minute gaze at RedCafe which is the biggest Manchester United fan forum, it seems some are criticising him already, he's only been there 10 minutes.

Because he has so far adopted a fairly typical negative Moyes formation in his first few games. It won't go down well. It's not going down well. Obviously it won't help that a club supposed to win every game they play have lost 2 of their 3 pre-season games but that's actually beside the point. It's the manner in which they approached those games, akin to McLeish at Villa, which is worrying them at the moment.

Ouch, click

Moyes accused of "dinosaur coaching".

I'm fully expecting criticism of his style to start around November.

that guy is a knob though. have never heard a guy with so little credibility do so much press. think his most high profile job was Wales assistant manager

• Like 1

You are going to get that if you are the man who follows Fergie though.  The first bad result Moyes has in the Premier League and the United fans will pine for the days when they were 15-0 up at half time every week and for those seasons where they won every game they played without so much as conceding a corner. 

Ouch, click

Moyes accused of "dinosaur coaching".

I'm fully expecting criticism of his style to start around November.

that guy is a knob though. have never heard a guy with so little credibility do so much press. think his most high profile job was Wales assistant manager

C'mon, RvP had never been injured until Moyes started coaching him!

• Like 2

I reckon a few refs will be out to settle old scores this season, to get back at them for the treatment they had under ol' whisky nose.

So all those soft decisions, soft penalties in the 90th minute that they used to get, they probably wont get any more.

I don't think Moyes demands that his players surround the ref even to dispute throw-in decisions, so Manure are going to have a harder time this year. They won't be able to covertly pick and choose who refs them any more, either.

I think Moyes has taken a poison chalice, the fact he has never won anything, will be the first thing highlighted. It's only my opinion, and I have been heavily criticized by United fans for expressing it to them but that United team has been average since they sold Ronaldo and let Tevez go, RVP carried them last year, and Ferguson is a huge loss, I reckon he's worth at least 10 points if not 15. Wellbeck, Evans, Valencia, Anderson, etc. I think you could argue Ferguson has been carrying them for a long time. I'd argue that the only truly great team Ferguson had was the one with Ronaldo Tevez Rooney & Berbatov. I'd possibly include the '99 team as well, but I think they are a step lower than that team I mentioned. The 3 years there from 06-09 I think was the best team he ever had. Once he or the Glazers or who ever it was chose to break that up the club have been in decline, granted they won the league twice since, but they are not the same team. Number of English teams in the semi finals of Champions League after they lost Ronaldo & Tevez - 0, 1, 1, 0. The four years before that - 1, 3, 3, 3. Premier League has struggled since they broke that team up.

2012/13 Last 16 1st
2011/12 GS 2nd
2010/11 Final 1st
2009/10 Qtrs 2nd
2008/09 Final 1st
2007/08 Winners 1st
2006/07 Semis 1st
2005/06 GS 2nd
2004/05 Last 16 3rd
2003/04 Last 16 3rd
2002/03 Qtrs 1st
2001/02 Semis 3rd
2000/01 Qtrs 1st
1999/00 Qtrs 1st

I agree with everything there Folski, since they sold Ronaldo in 2009 and then Tevez too the individuals at Manchester United have not been all that, but the reason they won the league twice was mainly down to Fergie.

But I would add the 93/94 team were very impressive too. Cantona, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Ince, Schmeichel, Keane, Giggs etc. Some very good players there.

I expected nothing less from the media regarding Moyes

Anybody stepping into Sir Alex's shoes was on a hiding to nothing

Feel sorry for the bloke tbh he worked wonders at Everton over a long period of time he will get no such Luxury at Manure

Edited by AshVilla

I agree with everything there Folski, since they sold Ronaldo in 2009 and then Tevez too the individuals at Manchester United have not been all that, but the reason they won the league twice was mainly down to Fergie.

But I would add the 93/94 team were very impressive too. Cantona, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Ince, Schmeichel, Keane, Giggs etc. Some very good players there.

I'd have been 5 so can't really remember them ;)

Â