Manchester United

BOF

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's clearly lost the dressing room, and his comments don't help around the whole feeling with him. I think he massively overachieved with a mediocre squad this year, and to be honest United are about where they should be this season.

Sack him and they'll likely end up at about Chelsea level because there's basically no quality in the squad.

I think it's better he wins games here and there just as he gets under real pressure. Add in the takeover still ongoing and they'll prefer to wait until the summer to make a change.

Bigger danger imo is they sack him in next few weeks and next one in does a Solskjaer and they win 7-8 straight. Y'know shackles off, smiles on faces etc. The next one in will be starting Varane over Maguire anyway which is a logical call.

Just looking at the table and Man. United are 5 points off us. They are also 5 points off Brentford in 11th. The season really could go one of two ways for them and based on the majority of their performances I'd say they're more likely to be threatening the bottom half in a month's time.

Emery and Ange are demonstrating that a new manager can transform and elevate a team in a matter of weeks. 

Ten Hag is going on 18 months or so and they are going round in circles treading water. 

They have no identity and no discernable pattern or style to their play. It's a chaotic freestyle based on wishing for the best.

Ten Hag is one of the least charismatic managers I've ever witnessed and I'd hate to play for him too. 

But as bad as he is, the players are worse.

And whoever helps the manager with recruitment needs sacking. Just horrific stuff.

The entire operation there is a crumbling disaster, occasionally redeemed by the odd good result or mini run of collective form. 

But without oil money rescuing them, I can forsee only more suffering and decline for many more years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's better he wins games here and there just as he gets under real pressure. Add in the takeover still ongoing and they'll prefer to wait until the summer to make a change.

Bigger danger imo is they sack him in next few weeks and next one in does a Solskjaer and they win 7-8 straight. Y'know shackles off, smiles on faces etc. The next one in will be starting Varane over Maguire anyway which is a logical call.

Just looking at the table and Man. United are 5 points off us. They are also 5 points off Brentford in 11th. The season really could go one of two ways for them and based on the majority of their performances I'd say they're more likely to be threatening the bottom half in a month's time.

Varane is absolutely finished. If he had anything left he would be starting

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Emery and Ange are demonstrating that a new manager can transform and elevate a team in a matter of weeks. 

Ten Hag is going on 18 months or so and they are going round in circles treading water. 

They have no identity and no discernable pattern or style to their play. It's a chaotic freestyle based on wishing for the best.

Ten Hag is one of the least charismatic managers I've ever witnessed and I'd hate to play for him too. 

And whoever helps the manager with recruitment needs sacking. Just horrific stuff.

The entire operation there is a crumbling disaster, occasionally redeemed by the odd good result or mini run of collective form. 

But without oil money rescuing them, I can forsee only more suffering and decline for many more years.

Agree with all of this... but the last bit, sadly, isn't true.  They make such vasts amounts of money than they don't need oil money to rescue them.

I reckon if you put Emery and his crew at Man Utd and they'd be flying.  Not immediately, probably not with the current squad, but there'd be such a plan and structure in place and it's a club that, again sadly, can afford to get it right.

It's amazing that they're as poor as they are - and long may it continue :D 

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

and yet despite all that they still finished 3rd last year and are only a few points away from 4th this season.

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

and yet despite all that they still finished 3rd last year and are only a few points away from 4th this season.

That's the difference in having referees and VAR helping you out.

Without outside interference they would be Wolves.

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

Rashfords played a blinder hasn't he.  Was arse for ages, needed a new contract, played well form about ten games, gets new contract and downs tools again.  What a waste of a shirt

The Gabby approach, maybe Rashford can also lead them to the promised land of the Championship

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Adman said:

Rashfords played a blinder hasn't he.  Was arse for ages, needed a new contract, played well form about ten games, gets new contract and downs tools again.  What a waste of a shirt

Lee Hendrie syndrome, except I doubt Marky rashford is coked up down the spearmint rhino. 

I think with Rashford like Bailey, he's a good kid , I don't for a second think he's lazy or conning the club for a new deal. I just think the minute something goes against them they lose all belief and confidence, and yes it's absolutely a bad thing and you should still run but when you spend most your time beating yourself up...it can be hard.

That's how I see it anyway.

• Like 4

Â