Manchester United

BOF

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The problem they have is you have a few bad apples in the dressing room, new players join, and feel like they can do the same.

To look at Matic's comparison, nobody behaved like that at Chelsea. Would Pogba or Sancho feel like they could do the same if they rocked up there? Or do they become emboldened by a broken team culture. It's a similar problem to us when our group of senior players was Agbonlahor, Dunne, Collins...

But then, if you're going to back the manager and let them dismantle that culture and build a new squad, writing off assets which you can't hope to cover the book value for...Do you trust ETH to be that manager?

I think Ole ran the dressing room like he was in a sitcom

PL awards of the month are BS, I’m not saying Villa should get any but Man U are awful and rumours of EtH close to being sacked yet he gets manager of the month and slab head gets player of the month. 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Don’t forget, United offered Pogba a new £200k/w deal just before he left.

Its one of the stupidest pieces of football business I’ve ever heard of.

It underlines the issues at the club are above the manager(s). They shouldn’t have signed Sancho if his attitude was as bad as it seems to be. The warnings were there and any decent manager or club will have done the homework beforehand and realised it was too risky.

Martial should have been sold or released. Rashford is another they completely got wrong with the mega deal he was given. Anthony another. Everyone was pissing themselves when they spent £80m on Maguire, then they made him captain.

They desperately need to get back to basics. They need a tight group of players who will work for each other and get rid of the rest. It costs money to offload high earners but it pays back in the medium term. It sends a message the club isn’t messing about. 

Instead they keep playing bad apples, which stops other good players from joining. If you were a top player, and really professional you wouldn’t sign for United. No chance.

I wonder if the circus is part of the reason Kane never went there. It’s possible.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hate these comparisons. United are a massive **** mess of a club. Being x amount of points off team y is irrelevant.

It isn't irrelevant though if they keep up this points average

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

PL awards of the month are BS, I’m not saying Villa should get any but Man U are awful and rumours of EtH close to being sacked yet he gets manager of the month and slab head gets player of the month. 😂

In fairness they had a 100 percent record in November and didnt concede in the league

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It isn't irrelevant though if they keep up this points average

It doesn’t make them less of a shit show because City are struggling (relatively).

There are bad eggs at United, and the people that run the club make some astonishingly bad decisions. Thats the discussion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness they had a 100 percent record in November and didnt concede in the league

They conceded 3 when Newcastle beat them. They also conceded 7 in 2 CL games. 

Edit: just realised, the Newcastle loss was in the EFL cup.

They won 3 of their 6 games in November against Fulham, Luton and Everton. 

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I get that but if was always based on stats then fair enough but the amount of times it’s not it’s hard to take it seriously because EtH could literally lose his job soon with the part takeover and because the club are having major issues around the footballing area.  It’s just bizarre  

On 08/12/2023 at 13:25, nick76 said:

When I heard Maguire had got player of the month I thought it was a spoof.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

When I heard Maguire had got player of the month I thought it was a spoof.

I 100% thought that too. 

It makes a mockery of the award. 

Fun fact, Kevin de Bryne has never won it.

• Like 1

Â