Manchester United

BOF

I'm so jealous of my mate getting to have Galatasaray visit tonight, but he seems so depressed about them, he hardly seems to care. Can't imagine that. Galatasaray is one of those two or three clubs for me that I dream one day soon we'll get to square off against. Galatasaray, Barça, maybe Dortmund ... we already played one of the clubs on my Villa vs. Europe "bucket list" -- and swatted them aside (Lazio). Just preseason tho ...

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm so jealous of my mate getting to have Galatasaray visit tonight, but he seems so depressed about them, he hardly seems to care. Can't imagine that. Galatasaray is one of those two or three clubs for me that I dream one day soon we'll get to square off against. Galatasaray, Barça, maybe Dortmund ... we already played one of the clubs on my Villa vs. Europe "bucket list" -- and swatted them aside (Lazio). Just preseason tho ...

Lazio and Galatasaray fans would be the opposite of most peoples bucket lists

2 scummy set of fans

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lazio and Galatasaray fans would be the opposite of most peoples bucket lists

2 scummy set of fans

You don't want to see the rest of my bucket list. 😉 😁

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

The Galatasaray loss seems like an almost choreographed showcase of everything that's wrong with United today. Very poor defensive display, but before the pen, I thought they looked very impressive and then -- collapse. No heart to pick things up. Some of their defensive moves seemed dumber than a box of hair. It looked like Høljund was the only player who actually felt like he cared after they got behind. No character there. No ability to pick themselves up. Watching Manchester United this year is scary. It's like looking down into the abyss of footballing horrors ... I don't grasp it. I just don't want us going to the place EVER.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The Galatasaray loss seems like an almost choreographed showcase of everything that's wrong with United today. Very poor defensive display, but before the pen, I thought they looked very impressive and then -- collapse. No heart to pick things up. Some of their defensive moves seemed dumber than a box of hair. It looked like Høljund was the only player who actually felt like he cared after they got behind. No character there. No ability to pick themselves up. Watching Manchester United this year is scary. It's like looking down into the abyss of footballing horrors ... I don't grasp it. I just don't want us going to the place EVER.

giphy.gif

We've been there. And hung over that precipice for a good few years before we dropped.

Those days seem a long way behind us now, but it doesn't take much for things to turn. Let's keep our fingers crossed NSWE keep their interest,  and Emery doesn't get tempted by anything else.

Ideally, I'd hope we can get him to extend!

• Thanks 1

Get the popcorn out, next few months are going to be hilarious. They're a very old and broken team.

Actually thought Onana would be a good signing as he had a solid level for Inter in last season's CL and played really well in the final but he looks like a 5 a side keeper currently and just expecting to make errors.

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bit of an odd one, I still remember those two Leeds fans losing their lives in Istanbul (we played Leeds 3 days later).

Things have calmed down and trip to Turkey for English clubs dosen't quite feel the death trap it did 20 years ago but can't say I'd want to visit a brilliant city like Istanbul if we were actually playing there (which could happen with Beskitas in the conference league). An unruly group drinking too much in isolated square and it could all easily kick off.

• Like 1

Â