Manchester United

BOF

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. 🍿 

Ronaldo absolute legend of the game. Should be honoured to have him there. Should give him a blank contract to write how long he wants and how much a week, and get to choose the manager and the team he plays with and all the transfer targets. 😁

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Some of it has substance, maybe.  You don't go public with it though.

You also don't go down the route of "I don't know who Rangnick is" etc. like some entitled clearing in the woods.  Of course, Ronaldo is just an entitled clearing in the woods.  But still.

But he knows the fans will eat it up and take his side. If was a game this weekend the green and gold scarves would be out

• Like 1

One thing I don't get about this...why didn't Ronaldo just have a get out clause if Man. United didn't make the top 4?

Surely he didn't just assume he'd come into a side who had finished 2nd and he'd just score the goals to win them the league? 

I watched plenty of Juve in 20/21 and you could see the decline in his all round game, he wasn't great for Portugal in euros either that summer despite scoring a few goals.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One thing I don't get about this...why didn't Ronaldo just have a get out clause if Man. United didn't make the top 4?

Surely he didn't just assume he'd come into a side who had finished 2nd and he'd just score the goals to win them the league? 

I watched plenty of Juve in 20/21 and you could see the decline in his all round game, he wasn't great for Portugal in euros either that summer despite scoring a few goals.

He can't see it. Yes he probably did think he'd come in and bang in 30+ goals and win the league.

That belief is powerful but when you are 36 and offer absolutely nothing and your brain cannot process it you make yourself look like an absolute fool 

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

That interview from Ronaldo is absolutely shocking Jesus.

There is now way he is playing for that club ever again.

He will probably be punished by being captain the next time they play 😂

• Haha 2

The thing is he’s telling the truth about how Man Utd have been operating, but ETH and Murtough are trying to address that. The problems at Utd will take a while for it to be addressed, but Ronaldo has been going about it the wrong way. Ronaldo has been acting like a brat, walking off before a game has finished etc. 

The reality is no one really wants to touch Ronaldo in Europe. His wages don’t warrant it anymore, all this drama that will follow him  now when a lot of teams are big on team bonding and chemistry. It makes sense for him to play in the Middle East/USA but I’m not sure if he’ll be prepared to do that. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure he did lol. He does have a touch of the narcissistic psychopath about him.

Remember, he has large pictures of himself all around his home and goes to sleep with a blanket with his name on it.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

He scored 24 goals last season, he's still an elite finisher but needs the team set up around him which isn't ideal for Utd as he will only leave in 1-2 years and then they are back to square one. They should have let him move on in the summer instead of insisting he was part of the plans. The interview seems more like a move just to make sure they let him go in Jan even if it's for free. 

At least he didn't retire early by going and playing in the French league. 😬

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Ronaldo absolute legend of the game. Should be honoured to have him there. Should give him a blank contract to write how long he wants and how much a week, and get to choose the manager and the team he plays with and all the transfer targets. 😁

is that you Mbappe???

Â