Manchester United

BOF

Have to say I like the guys Giggs has appointed to be his coaches. Scholes, Butt and Phil Neville.

With that high profile team do they need a new manager to attract talent?

Possible turning point. However, they need to rebuilt the entire squad so until they get that new CB sorted you can write off next season.

Have to say I like the guys Giggs has appointed to be his coaches. Scholes, Butt and Phil Neville.

Possible turning point. However, they need to rebuilt the entire squad so until they get that new CB sorted you can write off next season.

What with their proven track record at the highest level in football management. This seems like one of them PR exercises.

whoever is in charge next will need to ship out Giggs from his coaching staff and rid Ferdinand and Rio from the club, them 3 are a cancer at united.  if Van Gaal gets the job he will take no prisoners no matter who their reputation is. Look what he did to Rivaldo at Barcelona, then one of best players in the world

The thing is, having Giggs in charge he could have a sit down with SAF and ask his advice without looking like a failure before he's started.

With Moyes, or another 'accomplished' manager they can't do that.

Had a bit of a crazy thought, and will probably just be a bit of wild conspiracy, but I think this is what SAF intended to happen in a way, in terms of Giggs becoming manager. Here's my thinking;

Fergie left Utd in a state that he knew wouldn't be able to challenge for the title this season, he must've known the squad simply isn't good enough, I'd bet that's why he retired. A lot of rumours were going about last season that Giggs might step up to fill the void, being such a huge icon at the club and knowing Fergie's Utd inside out. But the fact is, the pressure of following Fergie is huge for any manager, let alone an inexperienced one like Giggs. So I reckon Fergie might've suggested Moyes as he knew there was no way he could achieve anything with the squad Fergie left, as it was simply not good enough. That's not to say Fergie suggested him as he knew he'd fail, but just because all but the very best would've failed as the expectations on that squad were way too high, so he suggested a reasonable successor to take the brunt of this season when he knew Utd wouldn't be anywhere near expectations. Essentially, Moyes was used as a fall guy, the expectations were lowered so miuch that Giggs could come in as an inexperienced manager and not have the pressure of following Fergie but just having to do better than Moyes.

Short version: Fergie always intended for Giggs to be his long term successor, but Moyes was hired as a fall guy as the squad Fergie left was nowhere near good enough for Utd's standards so Giggs would've been deemed a failure if he followed Fergie, but will now just need to be better than Moyes.

Obviously, this will be all bollocks if Giggs doesn't get the gig permanently :)

• Like 1

Not sure if serious?

They may as well have hired the cast of The Inbetweeners for the final 4games of the season - they're all gone afterwards.

Not sure if serious?

They may as well have hired the cast of The Inbetweeners for the final 4games of the season - they're all gone afterwards.

No they aren't. Nicky Butt was the U19 manager and reserve assistant for the second half of this season. There is no reason for him to lose his spot there. It is likely positions will be made available for Scholes, Giggs and Phil. Fergie and the board are reported to wanted Giggs as assistant and have him take over in a few years.

Not sure if serious?

No they aren't. Nicky Butt was the U19 manager and reserve assistant for the second half of this season. There is no reason for him to lose his spot there. It is likely positions will be made available for Scholes, Giggs and Phil. Fergie and the board are reported to wanted Giggs as assistant and have him take over in a few years.

I mean that all four will be relieved of their first team duties next season. The board will take more control over the hiring of the next manager I'm sure - and won't be relying on Fergie's recommendations after Moyes. A new manager would bring his own first team staff I'm certain.

That said, I still acknowledge that Giggs will always be part of United in some capacity.

Not sure if serious?

I mean that all four will be relieved of their first team duties next season. The board will take more control over the hiring of the next manager I'm sure - and won't be relying on Fergie's recommendations after Moyes. A new manager would bring his own first team staff I'm certain.

That said, I still acknowledge that Giggs will always be part of United in some capacity.

Van Gaal is meant to not bring around that many staff with him and likes to keep some staff that know the club which would likely be Giggs and Scholes. Butt will keep on his youth role and Phil will find something to do. One of the big mistakes it is felt around the club is that they let Moyes change the whole coaching staff. They don't want to do that again.

• Like 1

I've a book on dutch football. Van Gaal will get a few olayers backs up as he's a tough task master but he won't care. He is all about building clubs from top to bottom. Ajax obviously, Barca and Bayern are reaping the benefits of these foundations he put in place. He is a superb manager and excepts nothing but 100%. watch RVP suddenly be injury free.

Van Gaal is too abrasive to be a long term option. He'll be there for a couple of seasons to instill some of the lost discipline and system, put on some foundations for someone else ( Jose? ) to carry on from there. Probably a good choice for them considering where they are right now but I doubt they'll be fighting for the championship next season. Top 4 would likely be nailed on though, otherwise a few player might be hanged outside of Old Trafford.

Â