Manchester United

BOF

Is he damaged goods now?

So many of us wanted him to come to the Villa pre-Manure, would that be the case with the new owners?

He's got a good eye for a player and Everton were very good under him. With a bit more backing he could do really well for us.

I think the Ferguson factor would have scuppered most managers TBH. I think that someone who would have succeeded following Fergie would have been Ancelotti, but for some reason they opted for Moyes. I think Woodward should be under a bit of pressure as well.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went in for him especially if the rumours are true about Simpson & Davis. I hope not though not because I think Moyes is bad manager but because I feel the playing style needs a new brand.

You can't drop from champions to fighting it out for the Europa League and get away with it. 

He was given a pretty modest goal of top 4 and completely blew it. Yes he didn't have an easy job, but with the squad he inherited and the money he spent he should have made top 4. 

He basically got found out, he's not a top level manager. It's a shame because he did a great job at Everton but he has been found wanting at the top level. 

Villa fans already turning their noses up at Moyes... maybe some forget just how shit we are at the moment (on and off the pitch).

based on this year. Nobody should forget what he did for Everton. Perhaps the United job was too big for him but he would be a perfect fit for Villa

Moyes' spell at Man Utd has undermined his authority. This will negatively affect his man-management capabilities at any future club. 

After Everton a Premier League player could fear him, look up to him. He had that invincible aura.

Now he is thought of as a joke. For good measure, Martinez has made his most recent achievements at Everton look a bit empty.

It will be very hard to get that respect he had back.

Villa fans already turning their noses up at Moyes... maybe some forget just how shit we are at the moment (on and off the pitch).

based on this year. Nobody should forget what he did for Everton. Perhaps the United job was too big for him but he would be a perfect fit for Villa
He'd be great at Villa, but to be honest, I still think he's out of our league.

Moyes' spell at Man Utd has undermined his authority. This will negatively affect his man-management capabilities at any future club. 

After Everton a Premier League player could fear him, look up to him. He had that invincible aura.

Now he is thought of as a joke. For good measure, Martinez has made his most recent achievements at Everton look a bit empty.

It will be very hard to get that respect he had back.

If Everton don't finish top 4 then he's done little better than Moyes really. Moyes did get a top 4 finish with Everton. 

Not sure how i feel about them getting rid of Moyes at this point in the season, there next 2 games could have a massive say in whether or not we stay in the league as they have Norwich and Sunderland. Would sacking Moyes and possibly appointing Giggs til the end of the season unsettle them even more or galvanize them for the rest of the season?!

Perhaps, but unless Spurs want him he won't have many options in this league. 

and me, spurs will try and go bigger foreign name IMO, maybe newcastle if they finally sacked pardew

as for motes to us, i think he's steady the ship and push us up the table at the very least, dont think he's progressive and i've seen some everton fans moaning that he never gave youth a chance and held the likes of barkley back which surprised me but for where we are as a club right now he'd be great

Edited by villa4europe

Man. United not denying this speculation so looks inevitable to me.

I get the feeling they've got Van Gaal so hence why this has suddenly happened when even a few weeks back he still looked secure there.

I can't believe people wouldn't want him at Villa purely because he had a terrible year at United.

Â