Match Thread

KjParton

I'm still hoping the defence will be improved.. although Clark getting that new deal is hopefully based on us trying to get more money for him next summer as opposed to actually wanting him to play CB.

Reckon the contracts handed out to most of the Bomb Squad would suggest this tactic probably won't work.

Bad day, why have so many players got to be out at once. Its better to get injuries before the season starts I guess but that will only leave the likes of (now) Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Tonev, Okore, Helenius needing longer to get up to speed in preparation for Arsenal and that start we've been handed is pretty unforgiving we need everyone fit and ready. Bollocks !

Sounds a bit naff but hopefully Clark screwing up again will be a blessing as it's happened in pre-season - Lambert's bound to tear him to shreds after it.

Vlaar felt no way to do it on the pitch. Bet he cannot wait for Okore to be ready.

I'm not too worried, we haven't played anything close to what we expect our starting XI to be this season, we're missing some of our most prolific players. I just hope we can get Okore back a.s.a.p so we can try to sort out a decent combination of CBs. I'd like to see Lowton, Vlaar, Okore and Luna to start playing together at the back to work on a good understanding between the 4.

That said, it'd be nice to start winning some of these friendlies.

We'll obviously be much better when we get our better players back but that was a very poor performance and result. Over the last 2-3 seasons our pre-season form was a pointer to our performances in the Premiership and i hope thats not going to be the same again this coming season.

Was very vocal in my concerns before the start of last season and that feeling is starting to grow again.

Am I the only one who gets bothered by everyone who says dont worry its a friendly, results don't matter. 5 games, 4 draws, 1 loss and 0 clean sheets are terrible stats you can't ignore. Whether a premiership player or a Sunday football player you gain confidence from good performances an winning games, you need to get something from pre-season and a win and a clean sheet is much needed! Yes we have injuries and we are experimenting but Luton? As a premiership team we should be able to send our youth team to Luton and come back with a result. We need a winning mentality, and we shouldn't like to lose friendly or not, that is what is installed into every successful team, athlete! We have played poor teams so that we can purposely experiment and gain fitness whilst still coming away with results, but we fail with the later. What's everyone else think?

P.s I'm not a fickle fan, I've been a fan since the age of 6, go to most home games and love what lambert is doing, but to me results do matter regardless!

Â