VillaGoMarching

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

PR wise, Spurs have had a really bad week!

Yeah, everything is broken :D

t7po9p0.png

edit: oh what a unfortunate pagebreak :rant:

Edited by Tegis

I don't mind big Flange as a manager.

5th isn't too bad to be honest. 

9 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Spurs team now flying to Australia to play Newcastle in a friendly game.

You can't complain about fixture list, scrap FA Cup replays and then have stuff like this going on.

Is this purely financial? Or is it "friendly cup" thing? Either way, given the Euros are coming up, the timing is poor.

11 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

You can't complain about fixture list, scrap FA Cup replays and then have stuff like this going on.

The hypocrisy knows no ends. It’s a disgrace. 

16 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Is this purely financial? Or is it "friendly cup" thing? Either way, given the Euros are coming up, the timing is poor.

Financial, got to get the coffers sorted before June 😉

On 19/05/2024 at 13:17, Xela said:

I don't mind big Flange as a manager.

5th isn't too bad to be honest. 

As said look in the pre season predictions thread that got bumped two days ago and pretty much everyone had Spurs 7th-10th. Can't recall anyone even placing them 6th.

Compared to last 15 years not like they were even 4th for long spells of the season and then lost that, that was us so in reality take out the first 10 games and 5th is pretty much their level and they still had enough to finish above Newcastle and Chelsea who had good last two months of the season. 13 home wins out of 19 was also better than us and only marginally worse than Liverpool.

32 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Trippier off injured. Brilliant.

He's been pretty poor in the second half of this season so I'm not sure he'd be a great pick for England at the moment.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As said look in the pre season predictions thread that got bumped two days ago and pretty much everyone had Spurs 7th-10th. Can't recall anyone even placing them 6th.

Compared to last 15 years not like they were even 4th for long spells of the season and then lost that, that was us so in reality take out the first 10 games and 5th is pretty much their level and they still had enough to finish above Newcastle and Chelsea who had good last two months of the season. 13 home wins out of 19 was also better than us and only marginally worse than Liverpool.

No way he can stay there now though. He's burned more bridges than the 3rd Panzer Division. 

On 20/05/2024 at 10:46, AndyM3000 said:

I don't mind it, really.  Both clubs are finished for the season, and I imagine it wasn't a high intensity game.  If they want to risk injuries, so be it.  There's still leagues finishing and finals being played so it's just not a major thing IMO.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't mind it, really.  Both clubs are finished for the season, and I imagine it wasn't a high intensity game.  If they want to risk injuries, so be it.  There's still leagues finishing and finals being played so it's just not a major thing IMO.

Its disgraceful actually since Premier League clubs are now terrified to play 3rd round replays against teams that need the money

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its disgraceful actually since Premier League clubs are now terrified to play 3rd round replays against teams that need the money

I agree that’s bad, but this is an end of season game with no bearing on any competition. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I agree that’s bad, but this is an end of season game with no bearing on any competition. 

If teams can play an extra game at the end of the season then just extend the league and fit in the replays. 

The grass roots of the game is our foundation, us as fans should be pressuring the owners to accept the status quo, replays included. Greed talks and the lower leagues can whistle,  disgraceful tbh.

• Like 2

Spurs sign werner on loan again with a optional permanent clause fee of 8.5m. Have to say although he misses alot of chances for that price i think that's a great deal at that price

• Like 1

Â