VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Why?

What kind of loser club accepts home fans supporting the away side? Joke club, and it’s clear why being “Spursy” is a thing.

Why?  Because calling a steward and confronting people who have a different view to you about how much they want your shared team to win is pathetic for a grown man. **** man baby is why. You (he) don't have to like it, but wanting them thrown out? Pathetic.

• Like 2

I think any Spurs fans wanting their team to lose and actually showing support for City to win the game is pretty tragic tbh.

It's okay to be okay with losing, for them it was essentially a win-win game. 

Win the game and they get to push for a Champions League position.
Lose the game and it stops Arsenal winning the league.

They should have just stfu and accept what will be will be. Instead they've come out of it looking like idiots. They managed to lose in a win win situation. Idiots. 

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

Why?  Because calling a steward and confronting people who have a different view to you about how much they want your shared team to win is pathetic for a grown man. **** man baby is why. You (he) don't have to like it, but wanting them thrown out? Pathetic.

The point of supporters is literally to support the team. If there’s pockets of fans actively encouraging the team to lose then they have no place there. 

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Proper Spursy then. Win 2 games and get CL football. Why would they have already given up, loser club.

'Cos they had lost the last four games in a row. 

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Agreed. It's the standard I'm a better fan than you effort. He's a clearing in the woods.

My objective if we were in Spurs position would be to win a trophy, which they and we would have a better chance of doing by being in the Europa League, Spurs position taking that over Champions League really isn't a big deal, and it's much much less worse than people saying they would take Champions League over winning a trophy

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

If Villa played Man United and two Man United fans celebrated Man United scoring in the Holte End, you wouldn't want them thrown out? Or am I mis-reading your post?

They were spurs fans, so yeah, misreading. But even in your example, probably not. I've occasionally sat in the wrong end at away games and been sussed pretty much every time. Not through any overt action or words on my part, but I mean you can just tell. 90% of the time friendly chat ensued. Once I got threatened, but there was a fence in way.

Posted (edited)

Daft as it sounds, I think we have to be slightly careful about “supporters should support the club” and therefore Ange is right to have a dig.

Is booing your team off at half time “supporting” them? I would say it’s not (and I think most would agree it’s not) but supporters do that regularly. Should they be thrown out as well? Ok, it’s not cheering on the opposition, but it ain’t support. So some forms of non support is acceptable, I’m guessing.

As for the whole spurs wanting to lose thing, I don’t know, I don’t really care either. I suppose I can see a halfway merit in being fully invested in wanting to win the game, but when it becomes apparent you ain’t going to get the result you need, it’s a case of saying “**** it, at least they’re not winning it”. Make the best of a bad situation, I guess. We need to win, but we’re two down in injury time, may as well do the Poznań I guess...

We kinda had something similar in our first season of the championship losing to Blackburn (I think), in the hope that sha go down. I recall some enjoyment on show when Rovers scored, but the big difference is we had utterly nothing at stake. I don’t recall actively wanting to lose, I recall not being fussed and accepting the silver lining if we did lose.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is booing your team off at half time “supporting” them? I would say it’s not (and I think most would agree it’s not) but supporters do that regularly. Should they be thrown out as well? Ok, it’s not cheering on the opposition, but it ain’t support. So some forms of non support is acceptable, I’m guessing.

I think booing is an indirect method of support, it’s suggesting they need to improve. Quite different to cheering on the opposition.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

My objective if we were in Spurs position would be to win a trophy, which they and we would have a better chance of doing by being in the Europa League, Spurs position taking that over Champions League really isn't a big deal, and it's much much less worse than people saying they would take Champions League over winning a trophy

You're changing what you initially said here, though.  Your first point was:

1 hour ago, useless said:

If we were in Spurs position I'd rather finish fifth than allow smell unhealth allheinous to win the league, Spurs have been in Champions League many times before so not a novelty to them, they're desperate to win a trophy and probably have a better chance of doing so next season by being in Europa League

Which is clearly saying you'd rather drop into the Europa League than allow Blues to win the league - which I (and many others it seems!) disagree with.

I largely agree with the trophy point, but not within the process of qualifying.  For example, this season I would have had a preference for winning the Europa Conference League over qualifying for the Champions League because we were already deep in that competition and had a good chance of winning it.  However, whilst I'd rather win a trophy as an end goal, I'd rather the side qualified for the Champions League than the Europa Conference League even though the latter gives a better chance of a trophy win.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think booing is an indirect method of support, it’s suggesting they need to improve. Quite different to cheering on the opposition.

As I said, it’s not cheering on the opposition. 

I don’t think it’s support.

What about people saying “Oh **** off Cash!!!”, is that support?

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As I said, it’s not cheering on the opposition. 

I don’t think it’s support.

What about people saying “Oh **** off Cash!!!”, is that support?

In a way, it’s suggesting Villa might be better without him in the side.

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

People cheering for the opposition in the home end can lead to trouble. Anybody who does this is an idiot and should be thrown out. If want to be a City fan go to the away end

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

In a way, it’s suggesting Villa might be better without him in the side.

I doubt anyone in the team would take it as support. If supporters sing “You’re not fit to wear the shirt”…who are they supporting there? Obviously not the players, but they’re supporting, who.. “the club”? Each other?

This doesn’t mean to say I think Spurs supporters should want citeh to win from the outset or do the Poznań at 1-0 down or whatever. I am accepting of people making the best of a bad situation when it’s apparent that’s what’s happening. They’ve paid, may as well derive some enjoyment from it.

• Like 1

Booing your own team isn’t good, but is the most basic form of criticism that can be made. The manager and coaches are the ones that turn it in to constructive criticism. 

what can be done when your own fans actively supporting the opposition, just to get one over the rivals? 

“yeah boys, you got to lose this for the fans.. they don’t want you playing CL football, because it means arsenal will win the league. Hope you understand”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91syh66napwa4i9h4rjg

They should feel ashamed of themselves after yesterday.

There are always going to be idiots on social media, most of them aren't even fans, they just abuse the new X algorithm to post nonsense to get engagement.

But fans in the stadium, celebrating losing, chanting to Arsenal and wearing old shirts that look vaguely like City shirts is ****ing embarrassing.

On Spurs forums they're all complaining about Ange calling them out afterwards too, even Ange out from some posters.

I hope to God we are in the Champions League for years to come, but I hope we don't become them with it.

Â