VillaGoMarching

23 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Spurs are much more entertaining to watch and they are getting much better results than pretty much everyone expected. 

No wonder their fans are happy.

Are they? If you look at their fixtures so far most of their wins are against teams you would expect them to beat. I think spurs will slide down the table pretty quickly and be in a fight for 4th place. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Are they? If you look at their fixtures so far most of their wins are against teams you would expect them to beat. I think spurs will slide down the table pretty quickly and be in a fight for 4th place. 

I've said spurs will be 4th by Xmas, with Man city well ahead and the rest of the pack (liverpool/arsenal/Villa/Newcastle) in a stalemate.

Man U will be somewhere behind them. 

49 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

All fans say that...until they start actually getting pumped. Then they lose their shit and calls for a ship steadier come in. "I just want to win games." Then they want open attacking football. Then the cycle repeats ad infinitum.

I enjoyed the Lambert getting hammered era

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Did anyone in this thread expect them to be in a champions league battle this season? If I look back plenty were not tipping them to go from 7th to top 4. 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet they atruggled against sheff utd and luton and lost in the carabao cup.

Teams do lose matches from time to time. We also lost in the Carabao cup and even to a team from Poland. Our fans are still happy and I can see why Spurs fans are too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Did anyone in this thread expect them to be in a champions league battle this season? If I look back plenty were not tipping them to go from 7th to top 4. 

I've taken a look at the Premier League prediction thread.  Out of 31 predictions, one person had Spurs finishing in the top 6 (5th).

@villa89 (who you responded to) had predicted them to finish 7th - the second highest predicted position.  18 people (myself included) had them finishing 8th.

I think it's fair to say that having 1 loss in their opening 11 games - and that loss being in an absolute freak game - is a pretty remarkably good start to the season.  And people wonder why Ange is getting praised? :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

I bet Garth Crooks raves about it, Oli has that achievement... 

hardly raving, but more a typically useless summary on why he made the 11. Amazing he still gets paid:

Nicolas Jackson (Chelsea): Cristian Romero had been sent off - again, Micky van de Ven pulled his hamstring and limped off, James Maddison was taken off, and all in the first half.

Then, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for Tottenham, Destiny Udogie makes an unnecessary challenge and receives a second yellow card.

With nine men left on the pitch and Spurs the architect of their own downfall, due to a combination of stupidity and recklessness, the stage was set for Chelsea to take complete advantage and Nicolas Jackson did just that. He finished all of his three goals very calmly.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Teams do lose matches from time to time. We also lost in the Carabao cup and even to a team from Poland. Our fans are still happy and I can see why Spurs fans are too. 

We played a weak team in  carabao obv low priority for us and we have been happy with emery since last season.  Spurs are in a misleading position. Now they are picking up injuries and have tougher games coming up lets see how they do after that period 

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

hardly raving, but more a typically useless summary on why he made the 11. Amazing he still gets paid:

Nicolas Jackson (Chelsea): Cristian Romero had been sent off - again, Micky van de Ven pulled his hamstring and limped off, James Maddison was taken off, and all in the first half.

Then, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for Tottenham, Destiny Udogie makes an unnecessary challenge and receives a second yellow card.

With nine men left on the pitch and Spurs the architect of their own downfall, due to a combination of stupidity and recklessness, the stage was set for Chelsea to take complete advantage and Nicolas Jackson did just that. He finished all of his three goals very calmly.

Naming a hat trick scorer in a team of the week after listing exactly why it wasn't a performance typically worthy of a place in team of the week. That's so Garth Crooks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Until they start losing in cup finals because of an attacking coach or a high line.

"Get in a trophy winner. Win at all costs "

Honestly it's getting **** boring.

Surely you can see this is getting a little bit silly? You're pre-emptively imaging some fan complaints after a hypothetical cup final defeat and then saying 'it's getting **** boring' when it hasn't even happened yet. 

Here's what's happened, up until now, in my opinion: Spurs have had (significantly) better results than expected, while also playing a more fun style of football. Their manager has come across as more relatable and less of a bitter arsehole than most PL managers. That's it, that's what's happened so far. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We played a weak team in  carabao obv low priority for us and we have been happy with emery since last season.  Spurs are in a misleading position. Now they are picking up injuries and have tougher games coming up lets see how they do after that period 

Spurs played a weak team in the Carabao Cup too

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, he was rubbish for us too...

spacer.png

Tbf I forgave how pathetic he was with that decent performance and header off the line from that smeagol Gerrard in the cup semi that helped cost him his media anointed 'destiny'

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Did anyone in this thread expect them to be in a champions league battle this season? If I look back plenty were not tipping them to go from 8th to top 4.

A long way to go between now and the end of the season. Spurs were in 3rd at this stage last season and look where they ended up. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spurs played a weak team in the Carabao Cup too

Yea but they dont have europe like we did. Id we didnt have conference league we would have gone strong and beaten everton

Spurs had no excuse to go weak

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea but they dont have europe like we did. Id we didnt have conference league we would have gone strong and beaten everton

Spurs had no excuse to go weak

Thats not really an excuse

We finished ahead of them last season when we were not in Europe and they were

Edited by Zatman

Â