VillaGoMarching

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Spurs flatter to please - they’ve had a very favourable fixture list and kept injury free. The Arsenal win was impressive, but the real tests will come. 

They drew with arsenal. And they were very lucky to beat Liverpool given the wrongly disallowed Luiz goal and Liverpool only conceding in the last minute. Lose that game and they’re basically bang in line with us in the table having played significantly easier fixtures 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Spurs flatter to please - they’ve had a very favourable fixture list and kept injury free. The Arsenal win was impressive, but the real tests will come. 

They drew 2-2 at Arsenal.

Took a last minute goal to beat 9 man Liverpool.

Beat and average Man Utd.

Played the bottom feeders in the rest of the games.

Makes me worried about that top  4 spot. We ain't finishing above City, Liverpool or Arsenal.

Having to fight with the likes of united, newcastle, Brighton and Chelsea for that 5th spot is gonna be difficult

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Makes me worried about that top  4 spot. We ain't finishing above City, Liverpool or Arsenal.

Having to fight with the likes of united, newcastle, Brighton and Chelsea for that 5th spot is gonna be difficult

Nothing good is easy

I'm actually quite happy for Spurs to be doing well at the moment as it's taking the spot light, and associated pressure, from us. Without them we would be the big story.

It's all going well for them at the moment and they're also having moments of luck when they need it but at some point they will lose a few. It's how they react to that that'll be interesting 

34 minutes ago, picicata said:

Nothing good is easy

I'm actually quite happy for Spurs to be doing well at the moment as it's taking the spot light, and associated pressure, from us. Without them we would be the big story.

It's all going well for them at the moment and they're also having moments of luck when they need it but at some point they will lose a few. It's how they react to that that'll be interesting 

I agree, but I feel like after the win against WHU people are actually starting to take notice even in the media spaces.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They are doing far better than I expected mainly because Madisson has been brilliant. SON return to form. Bissouma has been excellent too.  We will need to finish above them to get 4th I think. 

I think they are on par to what I expected. They're on course to battle it out for 4th place which is the expectation. Any talk of title challenge is total BS. 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Liverpool had a perfectly good goal chalked off and Spurs needed a stoppage time own goal against 9 men to get the win. Think Liverpool would have beaten them 11 v 11. Arsenal is the real impressive one, they deserved to win that. But Arsenal themselves aren't the force they were last season. They're doing well, but people are getting carried away. They'll be there with us and Brighton again this season. Talk of guaranteed top 4 or a title push is way too premature. They don't have the squad. Maddison gets injured and they're completely screwed.

Having to listen to talkSport trying to list them as title contenders is a bit annoying at the moment. I think if Villa were to have had Spurs fixtures I think the only one might have lost would have been Arsenal away. Could add Liverpool to that but I'd back Villa to beat Liverpool at Villa Park if they were down to 10 men for sure. People talking about their unbeaten run which I get but Arsenal aside, they've not played any of the other 9 in the top half away yet. 

46 minutes ago, RichW said:

I think if Villa were to have had Spurs fixtures I think the only one might have lost would have been Arsenal away. Could add Liverpool to that but I'd back Villa to beat Liverpool at Villa Park if they were down to 10 men for sure. People talking about their unbeaten run which I get but Arsenal aside, they've not played any of the other 9 in the top half away yet. 

This. They've played 6 of the bottom 8 teams and ALL of the bottom 4. By comparison, we've played two of the bottom 8 and only one of the bottom four. Aside from their games against Fulham, Bournemouth and Burnley, I'd say there were moments in every game where the result could have gone either way. Let's see where they are after the next 7 games.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

Spurs do have the advantage over the other teams at the top of no European distractions this year, so they should be able to maintain a fairly fresh squad this season. Hopefully they will still mess it up though. 

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Chelsea are improving but they are 7 points behind us with a weaker GD so that's a decent position to be in this early in the season.

Man. United are a complete mess, not worried about them all currently and it's in our interest they limp along winning games here and there so Ten Hag is in little danger of the sack this season.

Newcastle and Brighton will be in the mix with us for sure. Just have to see how we all deal with europe as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

They are doing far better than I expected mainly because Madisson has been brilliant. SON return to form. Bissouma has been excellent too.  We will need to finish above them to get 4th I think. 

Replacing Lloris with an actually good GK in  Vicario has had a massive affect as well 

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea are improving but they are 7 points behind us with a weaker GD so that's a decent position to be in this early in the season.

Man. United are a complete mess, not worried about them all currently and it's in our interest they limp along winning games here and there so Ten Hag is in little danger of the sack this season.

Newcastle and Brighton will be in the mix with us for sure. Just have to see how we all deal with europe as the season goes on.

I'd say the top three positions are probably locked in with Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool although not sure what order yet. Then there is a big group of clubs (Villa, Newcastle, Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea and Man Utd) competing for likely 4th and 5th. 

Spurs will have an advantage over a few of them teams since they will have no mid-week games when it does come to the business end of the season, though they need Son and Maddison to avoid any injuries as they don't really have the depth. 

• Like 2

Hmm spurs win again but not a oveely convoncing win ans thats palacw without eze and olise

I know you can only beat whats in front of you, but they havent really been challenged for me yet.

The games they beat utd and liverpool (both at home and liverpool were robbed) only arsenal away they have had which has been a tough game.

They havent played newcastle, city brighton, us, chelsea (next at home) or their rivals west ham. Be interesting how they do in these games. 

Â