VillaGoMarching

15 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They are going to be a lot stronger this season, especially when they spend the Kane money. Postecoglu is an excellent manager and scoring goals won't be a problem.

Watching Maddison and his set piece deliveries yesterday, its a good job for us Kane left. He'd score an absolute hatful if he stayed.

9 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Watching Maddison and his set piece deliveries yesterday, its a good job for us Kane left. He'd score an absolute hatful if he stayed.

I was thinking this yesterday too. But other than maddison they really dont have much of a creative output.  If Teams start to double up on maddison i think they will be in some trouble

16 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They are going to be a lot stronger this season, especially when they spend the Kane money. Postecoglu is an excellent manager and scoring goals won't be a problem.

How I see it too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They've already spent it. They've spent over £160m this window, and that was before Kane even booked his flight to Munich.

Scoring goals might not be an issue but keeping them out will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

They've already spent it. They've spent over £160m this window, and that was before Kane even booked his flight to Munich.

Scoring goals might not be an issue but keeping them out will be.

They wont spend another 100m ona  striker as you say they have spent big (but 100m profit on kane ffp will help them significantly)

I think they will go for ferguson next summer as he is dubbed a younger kane

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Impossible to judge after one game but they look defensively exposed still. Will concede a lot under Ange’s style of football. 

Need to move Diaby to the left when we play them (and also got Moreno fit).

Rico Henry was getting in behind Royal with ease and not like Porro is any better defensively so that area will be a weak spot for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

They wont spend another 100m ona  striker as you say they have spent big (but 100m profit on kane ffp will help them significantly)

I think they will go for ferguson next summer as he is dubbed a younger kane

They won't get anyone to replace Kane's 25+ league goals a season, I could see them going for Toney in January. 

No chance they get Ferguson, he will cost more than Caicedo.

Just now, duke313 said:

They won't get anyone to replace Kane's 25+ league goals a season, I could see them going for Toney in January. 

Yeah ferguson will cost a fortune.

I think toney will be their 1st choice definitely ive said the same few pages back. But brentford should be aaking for 80m+ for him as he is one of the leagues highest goal scorers

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Exactly. 

Chelsea will buy Ferguson for £135m before Levy even starts haggling. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Don't underestimate Postecoglou. He's good.

Maybe but it's still just 3 games and wasn't their dissatisfaction with the owners and Levy? They're still there aren't they? 

• Like 1

Were we singing We've got our Villa back because we got a good manager?

Maybe Villa are back. We've got our club back describes a fundamental change at the club, not a better manager and a few positive results. 

Edited by sidcow

Â