VillaGoMarching

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

You'll find Celtic and Rangers themed bars all around the world.

I've never seen a Rangers themed bar outside of the pockets of bigotry that are Glasgow and Northern Ireland.

It's interesting because I guess the link to Spurs is the embracing of a cultural link in an effort to produce profit - albeit Spur's "Yid army"is a little bit more positive and not just about stirring up hatred, even if it occasionally does. Without bigotry, Rangers and Celtic don't exist - they're a symbiotic cyst, reliant on tensions that would be more readily eased without them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dunno if it's still there but last time I was in HK I ended up drinking at a Spurs bar on Lan Kwai Fong. 

Lan Kwai Fong always good fun! Miss my Hong Kong days!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Lan Kwai Fong always good fun! Miss my Hong Kong days!

Wanchai was always my favourite - especially on a Wednesday (ladies night). Happy Valley races then Wanchai :) 

Errr.. Spurs are shit. Phew, back on topic.

• Like 2

On 07/06/2023 at 19:34, villa89 said:

No chance. Tinpot bigoted club in a tiny non event of a country. Their global fanbase doesn't exist outside of Ireland or people of Irish descent. 

True. Only their own fans are the ones saying they are Big clubs; the psychology is justification for their existence. Nobody gives a s*** about them...

On 08/06/2023 at 08:44, icouldtelltheworld said:

You'll find Celtic and Rangers themed bars all around the world, Spurs may have an inflated social media following from their recent success and being in the PL, but they will never be on the same planet as the old firm.

Ajax are constantly having their players and managers nicked as well, but I suppose they're a tiny club because their domestic league isn't one that has been flooded with TV money as well

I've been in my fair share of Villa bars around the world too, seen many others around in countries I haven't been.

On 08/06/2023 at 11:45, OutByEaster? said:

I've never seen a Rangers themed bar outside of the pockets of bigotry that are Glasgow and Northern Ireland.

It's interesting because I guess the link to Spurs is the embracing of a cultural link in an effort to produce profit - albeit Spur's "Yid army"is a little bit more positive and not just about stirring up hatred, even if it occasionally does. Without bigotry, Rangers and Celtic don't exist - they're a symbiotic cyst, reliant on tensions that would be more readily eased without them.

Well played, couldn't agree more. Bigots.

Mikey Moore could be one to watch next season, other top teams were trying to sign him, but Spurs managed to convince him to sign scholarship terms with them by promising that they're going to fast track him into the first team picture, he doesn't even turn sixteen until August, but rated one of the best academy players in the country. If he gets game time with Spurs and does okay will fast tracked up the England age groups as well.

On 08/06/2023 at 11:45, OutByEaster? said:

The Gallant Pioneer in Blackpool says hello.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Mikey Moore could be one to watch next season, other top teams were trying to sign him, but Spurs managed to convince him to sign scholarship terms with them by promising that they're going to fast track him into the first team picture, he doesn't even turn sixteen until August, but rated one of the best academy players in the country. If he gets game time with Spurs and does okay will fast tracked up the England age groups as well.

Never heard of him ans i think putting a 16 year old straight in 1st team is a massive gamble

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kuluveski signed in the end for about 25m.

Considering his age, top level experience and what he's shown in spells at Spurs that's a good deal for them in fairness.

Has looked vastly inconsistent. He had a very poor 2nd season.

If the new manager can get the best out of him then it could be a good deal

Apparently according to sky sports a abu dhabi group are goibgvto make a 3.5b offer for spurs 

This games just getting ridiculous  now.

Your going to have 20 teams of multi billionaires in the PL at this rate

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently according to sky sports a abu dhabi group are goibgvto make a 3.5b offer for spurs 

This games just getting ridiculous  now.

You’re telling me!  Next someone will be trying to paifiejfl. It’s just going way too far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs in advanced talks to sign maddison suprised another club hasnt come in for him tbh

I'm not really surprised other clubs haven't come in (or, ones of a similar size) but think he'll be a good fit for Spurs.  They've got a midfield who almost entirely like to sit back and do sod all.  Maddison will give them the creative edge that they've badly missed this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

70m for Kane from Bayern, not just rejected but laughed off

70m for a player with a year left. You're snapping hands off surely.

70m for a player who would be 30 years old when he signs for them and they could sign on a free in 6 months time.

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

70m for Kane from Bayern, not just rejected but laughed off

70m for a player with a year left. You're snapping hands off surely.

It's all bravado with Levy. He's getting it from all angles from fans right now and he can't be seen to let Kane go for less than we got for Grealish or what West Ham are getting for Rice or questions get asked. You're right that all those things should matter and they probably will later in the window.

48 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

70m for a player who would be 30 years old when he signs for them and they could sign on a free in 6 months time.

yes but there's not a load of clubs willing to fork out that kind of money. imagine how many offers he'll have on the table by next summer

also sounds like levy doesn't want him to go to a PL club

Unless Kane values the PL record more than winning things he’d be mad to turn down Bayern. 

As much as UTD have improved under ETH, I think they are still a couple of years at least away from challenging for the title, and I don’t think Liverpool or City are options. 

Bayern guarantees success. So I guess it comes down to what matters most to him, personal accomplishment or collective accomplishment. 

Â